PDA

View Full Version : WSOP Report

Boris
05-28-2004, 05:48 AM
rolled into the Golden nugget late friday night. was pleased to see they were expectinng me. after getting to my room i went ovet to the horsehoe to pick up my bag of pokerstars goodies. Lots of good stuff in there. shirt, hants, cards, chwewing gum, watter bottle, backpacks, leather travel bag, golf jacket....

I was scheduled to play in the saturday heat so that suited me just fine. my tabele was Snakehead a few tables over. I played real solid poker for the first day and accumulated 30k in chips.

My second day table was again filled with total unkowns. My day didnt get off to good start when my QQ ran into KK. fortunately that only cost me ~10k in chips. I managed to survive for another couple of rounds until I made an ill advised bluff at a decent sized pot. This mis-step crippled me and shortly thereafter I went out with typical bad beat story of getting my AA cracked by AQ. Oh well, maybe next year.
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I spent the rest of the week playing side action games. the side games were good but you had to put forth some effort to find them. I went through a wild ride at the Bellagio 80-160. It was thrilling from the standpoint of my bankroll. By far the most profitable game was the boring ol 20-40 at the nugget. I beat that game like red headed step child.

It wasn't unitl I got back home that I found out that Fossilman is the odds on favorite to win it all at the final table. GO FOSSILMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

davidross
05-28-2004, 08:43 AM
That 20/40 game was my favorite too.

M2d
05-28-2004, 02:39 PM
I kept looking for you on the monday session, then resigned myself to the fact that the turn of the cards did you in. glad to see that you had a good post tourney run and that you didn't wait till the bubble to get kicked in the gut.
good showing, Boris

natedogg
05-29-2004, 02:52 AM
Boris I think you left your suckout sauce in your room. Next time you'll remember to bring it if you want to have a chance trying to run your AA through AQ. At least you went down on a ballsy play.

Good luck next year. Hope to see you at the final table.

natedogg