PDA

View Full Version : Checking the turn HU when an overcard falls...

chesspain
05-02-2004, 07:04 PM
Foxwoods 4/8...this hand occured in the last hour of yesterday's nine hour session, as I was savoring my +30BB day and the warm feeling that was coming over me from a shot of tequila I had recently quaffed. As I was waiting for my second shot to arrive before we needed to leave, I am dealt A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in MP.

...UTG raises, folded to me in MP where I coldcall (my single coldcall of the day /images/graemlins/smirk.gif), we get a couple of more coldcallers, and the blinds fold...Four to the flop.

Q /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG bets, I raise, folded back to UTG who calls.

[Q /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif] K /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG checks, and I check.

[Q /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif] J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG bets, I raise...we look at each other, and I give him the "don't rereraise if you have an ace" look and he calls. He shows A /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif, and as the dealer is chopping the pot I say "That river card saved you."

He then said "I had the straight on the turn but you didn't let me checkraise you."

To which I replied, "Well, you just had that checkraise look in your eyes."

He then looked at me somewhat confused, not knowing if I was kidding with him or not, and stated somewhat dejectedly "Wow, was it that obvious?"

Fortunately, my second shot arrived shortly thereafter. /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

blackaces13
05-02-2004, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
as the dealer is chopping the pot I say "That river card saved you."

[/ QUOTE ]

And why did you say this?

asdf1234
05-02-2004, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And why did you say this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tequila.