PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of Relocating to Las Vegas

cjromero
05-02-2004, 03:40 PM
My wife and I love Las Vegas and are thinking of relocating there sometime in the next few years. I am interested to get the opinions of the Las Vegas residents who frequent these boards on the best neighborhoods/areas to buy a new home in Vegas.

A little background. My wife and I are in our early 30s. I am an attorney and she is an elementary school teacher. Our combined income places us at the top of the upper middle class. We have a 2 1/2 year old son with plans for 1 or 2 more children.

Given our demographics, any recommendations on neighborhoods? We currently live in Houston and my commute to downtown from the suburbs is about 60-90 minutes total each day, so I am not opposed to living outside the city limits, even if I work in downtown Las Vegas.

What areas of town/suburbs are experiencing the most new home growth for people in our demographic group?

Nolan
05-02-2004, 06:42 PM
I would rent something when moving out so you can judge for yourself where you would want to live. It will probably take you 6 months to find a house anyways, especially in the price range you are looking for, they are out there, but it can take time to find a good deal. There are probably more younger people around the University, if you search around, there are some nice neighborhoods. If you head east of Maryland pkwy from UNLV there are some OK areas that certainly fall within your price range, it is a spotty area, but nice pockets with the demographic you describe.