PDA

View Full Version : SNG FAQ - Check out www.SitAndGoStrategy.com

fishhead
04-29-2004, 09:22 PM
I took eastbay's suggestion and started a SNG FAQ site. It's at www.SitAndGoStrategy.com. (http://www.SitAndGoStrategy.com.) Hopefully this site can serve as a reference point for the major topics.

Only one link is live thus far, but I'll start compiling posts and providing links to the actual threads. There's a forum on the site for people to post content suggestions.

To kick this off, reply to this post with your thoughts and I'll start digging through the posts.

Cheers,
Bruce

AleoMagus
04-30-2004, 12:45 AM
Well, nice site

I am flattered by my inclusion in this little venture, though I think credit also goes out to benfranklin who summarized that original strategy from the original thread (also an important discussion in that thread)

Truthfully, I like that strategy guide less and less each time I look at it and have committed to writing a longer, better, more complete version. Wait for it. Then again, if it gets too long, I'll be selling it, not giving it away. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Anyways, I know it isn't sng specific, but you might want to look a bit through this:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=560368&page=&view=&sb =5&o=

If for no other reason than the fact it is full of great info for your own game, it has some of the best of the best

I remember ArtVandelays post on NL was a real goldmine to my game back in the day.

So, I like the site and it's real good of you to do this. I'll think about my favorite OTT and even general tourney threads and I'll post again when I have a list of stuff I'd like.

Or, maybe what we should do is commit as a whole to engage in our best yet (albeit repeated) discussions the next time any FAQ type question is asked

Time for William, Bozeman, and so many of my other favorite posters to bring out the big guns and impress us all with insightful answers to basic questions

Regards
Brad S

fishhead
04-30-2004, 01:26 AM
Thanks for the link. I'll be sure to give credit where credit is due where possible. I'm also looking forward to some heady discussions by the other folks. Also, I'll start a favorite threads section of the site, so everyone should feel free to the most informative, humorous, etc. posts that they have seen.

Thanks!

China Willy
04-30-2004, 01:28 AM
Hey,

I've followed a lot fo this discussion for a while and took up playing the SnG's about a month or two ago... Has there ever been a discussion about general strategy for Limit SnG's?

-CW

t_perkin
04-30-2004, 09:37 AM
Almost everyone here plays NL SnGs.

NL allows one to apply particular SnG specific strategies much better than limit.

Tim

t_perkin
04-30-2004, 09:43 AM
Erm,

Your site is very pretty, but I really disagree with you having a forum of your own there. If you are using 2+2 posters content then I think you should be recommending people to use the 2+2 forums, not trying to start one of your own.

Tim

William
04-30-2004, 10:08 AM
If you will be quoting me, how often do my royalties get paid?

William

fishhead
04-30-2004, 01:50 PM
The goal of the forum on the SitAndGo.com site is not to compete with 2+2. It's just an easier way of consolidating content requests while people are already over there. I could have used a message posting board or something, but setting up the forum happened to be technically easier.

pretender2k
04-30-2004, 04:00 PM
I have built websites also so my first comment is: the site looks very clean and well organized. Nice job there.

As a player trying to get more into the SNG's I look forward to having a place that has compiled the wealth of information here and organized it so when I am looking for information on a specific point I can find it quick.

Thanks