PDA

View Full Version : "All In" magazine

StevieG
04-03-2004, 10:42 PM
Does anyone know anything about "All In" magazine (http://www.allinmagazine.com/index-flash.htm)? Sounds dirty, but it ain't.

The subscription price at < $20 seems worth a chance, but there is no sample content or anything on the site to give me any confidence in being delivered anything.

Mason Malmuth
04-04-2004, 07:31 AM
Hi Stevie:

I'm curious about it too. Usually, I would get contacted by a new group like this, but that hasn't been the case here.

Best wishes,
Mason

scalf
04-04-2004, 10:15 AM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif mason; you are the champion of limit poker...

all-in connotes big bet poker...

would they invite "the enemy" into their fold???

sounds like this mag is an attempt to cash in on poker's (and in particular) tourney no-limit he's immense surge in popularity...

who knows..

jmho

gl /images/graemlins/smirk.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif

StevieG
04-04-2004, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
sounds like this mag is an attempt to cash in on poker's (and in particular) tourney no-limit he's immense surge in popularity...

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, but I was under the impression that when a new magazine tries to launch they include some press notes, contributor profiles, and sample target demographics and circulation numbers are made available to potential advertisers.

This site has nothing.

And as Mason said, you would think he would be contacted about content, advertising, possible clumnists, etc.

The price seems too good to be true, and the utter lack of content scares me off.

ewile
04-05-2004, 10:01 AM
it's just bizzare that a brand new mag, looking for subscribers would provide no sample content

MaxPower
04-05-2004, 10:35 AM
There is something fishy about a magazine when the only form of payment they take is Paypal.

I suspect we will soon see a post from someone associated with the magazine addressing all our doubts.

subq
04-05-2004, 10:38 AM
I don't think the price is too good to be true, look at other magazines in their own genre. Cardplayer is just ridiculous that's all.

As far as not contacting 2+2....uhhh who cares, 2+2 isn't the center of the poker universe.

The website is definitely barebones at the moment, nothing out of the ordinary for something new. No telling who runs it and it could very well be run by deep pockets.

subq
04-05-2004, 12:49 PM
My apologies for my previous post, I was unable to delete it.

It would have been more appropriate if I merely stated that I think as poker becomes more popular, related publications should become more prevalent

I would not expect said publications to contact 2+2, even though 2+2 is most likely the largest gambling related publisher at the moment, nor would I discredit them.

In addition, I do not see a problem with a publication that is priced more closely to the "norm" for a magazine.

MaxPower
04-05-2004, 02:57 PM
The point of a magazine is to sell advertising. If I were running a magazine which was going to come out soon, I would have contacted every possible advertiser. The fact that they haven't tried to sell advertising to 2+2 doesn't sit very well with me. That plus the fact that they only accept paypal and there is no contact information on the site (other than email) is very suspicious.

They are either very bad businesspeople or scam artists who will sell a bunch of subscriptions and never deliver any product.

subq
04-05-2004, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The point of a magazine is to sell advertising. If I were running a magazine which was going to come out soon, I would have contacted every possible advertiser. The fact that they haven't tried to sell advertising to 2+2 doesn't sit very well with me. That plus the fact that they only accept paypal and there is no contact information on the site (other than email) is very suspicious.

They are either very bad businesspeople or scam artists who will sell a bunch of subscriptions and never deliver any product.

[/ QUOTE ]

too many assumptions in there

I will agree on the paypal part though, that should be a warning.

M.B.E.
04-10-2004, 02:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
there is no contact information on the site (other than email)

[/ QUOTE ]
The web site lists an 800 number, as well as an office address in Seattle.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
My guess is the former (very bad businesspeople). But who knows.

MaxPower
04-10-2004, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
there is no contact information on the site (other than email)

[/ QUOTE ]
The web site lists an 800 number, as well as an office address in Seattle.

[/ QUOTE ]

The number and address are new. They weren't there the first time I looked at the site. Now they are taking Visa and Mastercard as well.

Good to see them getting their act together. I hope they are succesful.

alfman
04-22-2004, 02:43 PM
Has anyone ordered this? If so, how's the content (assuming you got an issue)?

RollaJ
04-22-2004, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The fact that they haven't tried to sell advertising to 2+2 doesn't sit very well with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

A few shady sites advertised here, having an ad means near nothing

MaxPower
04-22-2004, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The fact that they haven't tried to sell advertising to 2+2 doesn't sit very well with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

A few shady sites advertised here, having an ad means near nothing

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't saying they should buy advertising on this site. I was saying that they should be trying to get 2+2 to buy advertising in their magazine. The whole point of a magazine is to sell advertising.

Mason Malmuth
04-22-2004, 05:43 PM
Hi Max:

Not only that, but we have a few writers associated with us. I would think I would hear from them in that regard as well.

Best wishes,
Mason