PDA

View Full Version : late night, possibly on titl. Rate my play

bob2007
03-23-2004, 03:25 AM
Party poker 30+3
First hand I have 10/10
4 callers, no raise preflop
Flop is 10, 9c, 7c

Player in front of me, early position bets 80, I treat it as a bet of someone that has a hand, possibly a flush draw, but unlikely. I realized there were 2 straight possibility. I reraised him to 160, the guy goes all in and I called thinking he probably didn't have the straight,

I won it with 3 10s vs his overpair of queens, but in hindsight I really don't like that play, I risked my entire stack for the first hand in the game.

*Ryan_21*
03-25-2004, 11:05 AM
I like the call. You have top set. Would you rather waste an hour and finish 4 or 5 (hypothetically or course) or waste 1 hand and finish tenth? If you loose, you can start another, if you win you have an exellent shot at the money and/or 1st. Besides, did I mention you had top set?

Ryan_21

NotMitch
03-25-2004, 11:47 AM
I really hate the min raise on the flop, if you are going to raise make a real raise. If I get reraised my money would be flying into the pot with top set, even if he has the straight you have redraws (7 on the turn, 10 on the river) to a boat.

If you don't feel comfortable backing top set with your whole stack on the first hand maybe no limit isnt for you.