PDA

View Full Version : Tommy's New Site

PokerBabe(aka)
03-21-2004, 06:43 PM
Hi All.

Just found out about Tommy Angelo's new site. Check it out at tiltless.com. No wonder he's one of Babe's Best Boys, huh?

LGPG,

Babe /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Dynasty
03-21-2004, 07:06 PM
From Tommy's site:

[ QUOTE ]
Visitations:

In the San Francisco Bay Area: $800 per day. Anywhere else on earth: $1000 per day plus travel expenses, two-day minimum. I will fly coach class and stay in hotels under four stars.

After we agree on dates, location, and an estimate of my travel expenses, you pay a deposit using neteller, paypal, check, credit card, or cash. When we meet, I will have an invoice with my fee and final travel expenses on it. You pay the balance in full in non-refundable cash. I write "paid" on the invoice. We sign it. We each get a copy. We shake hands. And we start.

Follow-up support:

On the phone, by email, or in person: One hour free, $60/hour thereafter.

[/ QUOTE ]

$1,000 per day is a fee many can not afford. So, I'll give away the secret to get Tommy into your home with a much lower cost.

All you have to do is have a little home game and assure Tommy that your refridgerator and cabinets are loaded with all sorts of snacks. If Tommy can spend his poker time munching away on cookies, cakes, chips, chocolate, and all other kinds of goodies, he'll think he's in heaven- or at least 7-Eleven.

Then, all you have to do is talk about poker while he's eating.

BottlesOf
03-21-2004, 07:14 PM
I entered "titless.com" and was taken to "a site dedicated to sexy petite women." /images/graemlins/blush.gif

PokerBabe(aka)
03-21-2004, 08:25 PM
Hey Dynasty,

I recall one day that you paid the rent with one winning session. You were so delighted that you posted about it. If memory serves, it was a thousand dollar win. Just one day's work for a player of your caliber. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Now, just think about this.....if Tommy can help a guy win a grand instead of lose a grand, and then the guy just gives the money to Tommy for mentoring, the guy is even (less T's expenses, of course). Tommy has been known to stay in places the Babe wouldn't even set pedicured foot in, so he's really a cheap date. /images/graemlins/wink.gif. His expenses are trivial compared to what most guys lose at poker. His expenses are REALLY trivial compared to what most guys spend in strip clubs and on stuff like golf, cigars and drinking. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

For entertainment value alone, Tommy's company is cheap at any price. When it comes to poker advice, Tommy's just priceless. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

LGPG,

PokerBabe(aka)
03-21-2004, 08:33 PM
I dk if T was trying to be tricky or tempting when he named the site, but there could easily be confusion between tiltless and titless, especially if you are a dyslexic boy poker player. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Actually, I think I know a few titless tilters /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

LGPG,

chesspain
03-21-2004, 08:49 PM
LMAO (really) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

chesspain
03-21-2004, 08:51 PM
Maybe Tommy could rename his site "Titless in Las Vegas."

Although then it would sound like my recent trip there /images/graemlins/grin.gif

mikelow
03-21-2004, 11:11 PM
Well it's a lot of big bets. To make it worthwhile, you'd have to play at least 40-80.

Wake up CALL
03-21-2004, 11:22 PM
Why should one pay Tommy a grand for lessons when Phil Helmuth will come to your home game for ten grand and lose twice that much back?

Abe
03-22-2004, 10:57 AM
P.B.

Thanks for the tip to finding Tommy's new website. Nothing like a good tip to a titless tilter, huh? Still trying to figure out the "strip clubs, cigars, drinking and golf" logic though.

Tommy now accepting Neteller - so I can finally get an IRB hat.

HDPM
03-22-2004, 11:50 AM
"Still trying to figure out the "strip clubs, cigars, drinking and golf" logic though."

What's not to understand? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Ulysses
03-22-2004, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well it's a lot of big bets. To make it worthwhile, you'd have to play at least 40-80.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may want to keep in mind that whatever you learn from these lessons, you get to use at every poker session you play from that point on. I'm sure it wouldn't take even the average 10-20 player very long to recoup the cost of these lessons.

J.A.Sucker
03-22-2004, 09:56 PM
I'm glad that Tommy is getting his idea off the ground. Rest assured that he's put a great deal of thought into how best to offer his services, and his fee is fair. We discussed this a couple of months ago, and likened it to a consulting firm offering services to a company. Here, he offers a service, you pay his travel, and an expert's salary. Not too bad. The salary has to be worth it so that he's not better off playing cards, especially since most people don't actually like traveling around very much. Unlike Andersen Consulting, Tommy will deliver an actual service, and he won't cook the books.

To those wondering if it's worth it, for those who haven't gotten the pleasure of playing Tommy, let me assure you that it is. Most players could benefit a great deal from him, if only for his behavior and demeanor at the table. The man is cool as a cucumber. Plus, he's always good for random puns and arcane references that could also help you become a Trivial Pursuit Grandchampion.

Good luck, Tommy.

Ray Zee
03-22-2004, 10:45 PM
so j.a.s. you are calling tommy a pickle? how dare you.

Barry
03-22-2004, 11:24 PM
Based upon everyone's advice plus my need for help, especially with my demeanor, I'm going to "retain" Tommy.

I hope to have some fun as well as learning a lot!

CrackerZack
03-23-2004, 11:25 AM
When? Where? Wow.

turnipmonster
03-23-2004, 12:07 PM
I am sure you will learn a lot and have a great time. next time I'm in the bay area with an extra day, I probably will see about getting a day lesson as well.

--turnipmonster

Mikey
03-23-2004, 12:56 PM
Let us know how your experience goes. We would all love to hear about it.

P.S. You don't have to give away any of your new found secrets, but just let us know how it goes.

Barry
03-23-2004, 03:36 PM
I will be having my session in May in Vegas. I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes.

scalf
03-23-2004, 07:05 PM
/images/graemlins/frown.gif if tommy is so good; why does he waste his time giving lessons??? it just does not make sense..unless he's broke, because he ain't that good...

also; if he really was good; would he want to arm his opponents??

just don't make sense

gl /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Barry
03-23-2004, 08:09 PM
Who cares why, if he's offering, I'm taking.

Bob T.
03-23-2004, 08:29 PM
I suspect that $1000 a day is an above average day for a mid limit player in California. Especially if your variance is Zero.

I also suspect that Tommy thinks that the Karmic value of teaching the game outweighs by far any loss of earnings that he would suffer by giving away secrets.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

MrDannimal
03-23-2004, 10:28 PM
Maybe he doesn't consider it a waste of time? I suppose I could find oh, say, about 100,00 or more teachers who don't think teaching is a waste of time. There are buckets of people on this forum alone who enjoy talking about poker and helping teach other players how to become better. AND they do it for free.

As for arming his opponents: He's talking about two day sessions. Let's assume he has 100 people a year take him up on this. If some of them are just single-day sessions, that's half a year. Is the pool of poker players so small that you couldn't easily find a game not involving any of those 100 players? And that estimate is probably pretty high.

Ulysses
03-23-2004, 10:41 PM
Note that a big part of the lesson is sitting at the table playing cards w/ Tommy. So, he's giving the lesson in addition to, not instead of playing cards.

mosch
03-24-2004, 01:49 AM
I definitely want a review. This seems like a great gift to give myself for christmas or birthday. lord knows i could use it!

TimTimSalabim
03-24-2004, 11:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Note that a big part of the lesson is sitting at the table playing cards w/ Tommy. So, he's giving the lesson in addition to, not instead of playing cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is Tommy going to send me secret hand signals so I know how to play my cards? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Zeno
03-24-2004, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
.....by giving away secrets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bob,

There are no secrets.

-Zeno