PDA

View Full Version : River Raise?

Brian
03-18-2004, 05:48 PM
Party 10/20. I am new to the table but have played with a few of the players before. The table is loose and moderately aggressive. I am dealt Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif in EP. UTG, a loose goose who hasn't shown down any hands yet, limps, and I raise. Unknown MP and LP cold-call, SB loose aggressive (saw him raise 98s in EP after a limper) calls, BB folds, UTG calls. 5 to the Flop, 5bb.

Flop: 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB leads out, UTG calls, I raise. Everyone folds back to the SB who re-raises, UTG calls, and I cap. Both call. 3 to the Turn, 11bb.

Turn: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif SB bets, UTG calls, I call. 3 to the River, 14bb.

River: 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB bets all-in for $15, UTG calls. Your move?

-Brian

nykenny
03-18-2004, 05:59 PM
considering all the optoins:

1) fold - unsound, since SB is over aggro and UTG hasn't shown any strength

2) call - sound, given the size of the pot, the excellent chance you are ahead of at least of SB. UTG could be taking all the heat with Ax since he is loose, but he also could be calling the whole way with just a pair of 8 or 9.

3) raise - unsound, even though if u are ahead of UTG u could win some more to off set the possibility of losing to SB, UTG's play so far is also inline with Ax and he won't fold for sure.

So in conclusion, i'd vote for a call.

Kenny

Brian
03-19-2004, 11:37 AM
I called.

All-in SB: 88.
UTG: 97o.

-Brian