PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Are you a garbage man?

BradleyT
03-18-2004, 04:48 PM
See the thread playing trash early. Do you waste your chips calling with 2 suited gappers and the like in the first 3 rounds of a SnG?

ThaSaltCracka
03-18-2004, 05:56 PM
I hope this poll clears up any confusion that has been created by the "loose early" thread

charlie_t_jr
03-18-2004, 06:14 PM
The only time I play what would be called "loose" is 1st SB at Party, SB of 10, takes 5 to complete.

Easy E
03-18-2004, 06:20 PM
I would play some trash if the table was tight and I could limp in and nail someone.

ThaSaltCracka
03-18-2004, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would play some trash if the table was tight and I could limp in and nail someone.

[/ QUOTE ]
this isn't a bad strategy, however tables are rarely tight enough early on to do this. I like this play if you have a nice stack and the table is 4-5 handed.

BradleyT
03-18-2004, 09:47 PM
My poll is specifically for SnGs.

William
03-19-2004, 12:21 AM
I see Cris has voted 5 times so far /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Is that allowed? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

William /images/graemlins/cool.gif

CrisBrown
03-19-2004, 10:52 AM
Hi William,

[ QUOTE ]
I see Cris has voted 5 times so far /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, only once, and my vote was "No." In the middle and later stages, when the play gets squeaky tight, maybe. In a ring game, if the money's deep, sure. But early in a SNG, when everyone and his cat is trying to pick up a chip lead ... nah ... the trash hands are a waste of money.

Cris

aces_full
03-19-2004, 02:18 PM
I voted yes. I love low suited cards. But the answer is really, it depends. It depends on the texture of play of my opponents for one thing. If the game is weak pre-flop I will try and sneak in with a few if I have position. I usually like to pick up a few pots first however to give me some gambling money. Making these draws and setting traps can pay off big when you can put an unsuspecting opponent all in. It usually takes a good player to lay down a good hand when he suspects someone may have made a straight or backdoor flush against him. Most of the rubes early in a tournament will glady go all in with TP/TK when you complete your draw.

It also depends on the luck of the cards. If I get a few good legitimate hands early I have some chips to gamble with, now I can try to double up with a draw or two.