PDA

View Full Version : Rule of thumb in a tourney

EnderW27
03-14-2004, 09:04 PM
There are four people left at the table. I'm chip leader but I've folded the hand and am just watching the action.

3 people in the hand. Two of them are in no danger whatsoever of being blinded out. One person has been disconnected, has been automatically folding all his hands, and is finally all-in in the SB.

The BB and the Button have both put a little extra in on a side pot by the flop. On the turn, BB decides to get cute and pushes all-in for around 1000. He's called by the button who has him well covered. BB ran a complete bluff, ace high. Button had a pair of queens to take the side pot and the all-in disconnect guy won the main pot with two pair.

What a complete and total miscalculation. This was a $50 buy-in and the BB gave up $100 by not waiting and assuring himself third. It was a simple matter for the two of us to assure ourselves at least second by blinding out the guy in the next round.

Just thought I'd share.

jwvdcw
03-15-2004, 12:28 AM
makes you wonder what goes on in some people's heads....terribly stupid

GoSox
03-15-2004, 01:32 PM
?? If the SB and BB were all in then third should go to whoever had the biggest stack going in to the hand, which would have been the BB. So, he still got third regardless is how I read the hand.

BradleyT
03-15-2004, 01:35 PM
The sitting out guy had 2 pair and won the main pot. Therefore he outlasted the moron who got cute (MWGC).

MWGC got 4th
Timed out guy got 3rd.