PDA

View Full Version : KK hand -- did I wuss out on the river?

hockey1
03-10-2004, 04:13 PM
Party $50+5 SNG. Big Blind is t50 (7 handed)

MP2 (t1390)
CO (t975)
Button (t875)
SB (t2490)
BB (t1035)
Hero (t1710)
MP1 (t1525)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Hero calls t50, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (t125) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (t125) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB bets t50, Hero raises t200, BB calls t150.

River: (t525) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB bets t50, Hero calls t50.

Final Pot: t625

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Jc 4c (two pair, jacks and fives).
Hero shows Kd Kc (two pair, kings and fives).
Outcome: Hero wins t625. </font>

I limped preflop because most pots were getting raised PF and then getting folded around, so I was looking to c/r. I'm really more interested in what everyone thinks of the play on later streets, especially the river.

ThaSaltCracka
03-10-2004, 09:47 PM
yeah I don't undertand why you didn't raise on the river. If he had a set on the turn he would have re-raised you. KK still good.

eastbay
03-10-2004, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

River: (t525) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB bets t50, Hero calls t50.

[/ QUOTE ]

What were you trying to accomplish with the river bet?

eastbay

jwvdcw
03-11-2004, 12:08 AM
Played way too cute imo. If you're gonna limp, then you at least have to bet the flop. Otherwise you're just asking for someone to hit 2 pair and take your entire stack.

Peter Harris
03-11-2004, 08:01 AM
bet the flop?

raise the turn - good

bet + raise the river. you're good.

How i'd do it.

Pete

hockey1
03-11-2004, 09:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah I don't undertand why you didn't raise on the river. If he had a set on the turn he would have re-raised you. KK still good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for all of the responses. My reasoning, for what it's worth, was that his call of my turn raise showed me that he had something. That something could've been a J, or maybe a 5 for the set. His min-bet on the river then scared me -- did he have only an ok hand, or was he feigning weakness looking for me to raise so that he could re-raise me all-in? I've seen that a lot at these Party SNGs lately. I decided that, at that point in the tourney, I'd be happy enough to pick up the T625 pot and move on to the next hand, but that I'd be very, very unhappy if I got greedy, raised, and then got re-raised.