PDA

View Full Version : Intro(long)

aslowjoe
03-10-2004, 01:20 PM
Hello everyone
I have been lurking for about a month and this is ny first post. I am an ex horseplayer. I made about a 5 figure
income playing the horses from the early 80's to mid 90's. At which time my income eroded with the decline in racing. I eventualy quit about 5 years ago. I discovered internet poker about six weeks ago and have been hooked ever since.
I did play some poker in the 80's and did alright. I won a small buy in 4-5 table tournament in Vegas and was able to beat low limit 7 high low. I have never played holdem into recently.
I started playing $10 sng omaha8 and did fairly well.
My stats through 60 games were 14 wins 8 seconds and 8 thirds. The only problem was it got sort of boring. So I thought I would try hold em. I was hooked immediately. I already see a lot of similarities between horse racing, especially in the mental swings
Being what I would catagorize as below par player after 50 games I was 10-10-4.(wow I a poker god). Then I played my last 50 which eneded with 4-6-7. (oh I am a poker moron).
I defintely on the begining of a large learning curve.
So mainly I will be lurking and reading. Thanks for all the informative posts.
Joe

Sheriff Fatman
03-10-2004, 02:33 PM
Welcome on board.

AleoMagus
03-10-2004, 02:47 PM
The (long) means long winded and lots of reading right? Yikes, if that qualifies as a long post then I should start putting (long) on ALL of my posts. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Welcome to the forums. I was a long time lurker, and it is amazing how my opinion of 2+2 has changed since I started posting. I lurked here before and read messages sometimes less than once a month. Since I started posting I don't often go more than a couple days without getting the urge to look in and voice my two cents.

This site truly is a great place to build a killer game. An even better place if you take part. (that goes for all you lurkers out there!)

Regards,
Brad S

William
03-10-2004, 03:01 PM
Hi Joe,

Welcome to the forum /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Don't be afraid, just say what you mean (everybody else does)

William