PDA

View Full Version : A different line of play

Nate tha' Great
03-10-2004, 03:11 AM
5-handed online 15/30. The new Nate is not going for aggression at every turn but trying to mix it up a bit.

It's folded to me on the Button and I open-raise with T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Typical player in the SB 3-bets. I got a better read on him later, but not when this hand was taking place. BB folds and it's heads up to the flop.

Flop is 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif. He checks and I check.

Turn is K /images/graemlins/spade.gif. He bets and I call.

River is 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. He checks and I bet.

My assumption when he checks the flop is that he's either flopped a monster or flopped nothing ... perhaps he's got something like 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif or A /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I'm sure he knows that I'll open-raise fairly light on the Button and that K, J and to a lesser extent 8 would all be in my playing range.

James282
03-10-2004, 03:40 AM
I'm not too sure I like the flop check - There are just so many cards that could make me feel a lot worse about my pair of 8s. Otherwise it is fine of course.
-James

gushansen
03-10-2004, 04:02 AM
i agree w/ ur flop thinking 100%, i play mostly 10-20, 15-30 short, and most ppl who will 3 versus a steal will lead on the flop, i woulda checked also,