PDA

View Full Version : I have KK, but my opponents remain unimpressed

Rico Suave
03-08-2004, 11:14 AM
I have only played a couple of orbits at this table. CO has not really gotten out of line--certainly not a lag. No read on the CO.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, Hero raises, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 (poster) folds, CO 3-bets, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero caps, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls, Button calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (26.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
UTG folds, Hero bets, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, CO raises, Button calls, Hero 3-bets, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, CO caps, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (20.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO bets, Button raises, Hero??

What is my action?

--Rico

Tosh
03-08-2004, 11:29 AM
Ouch these decisions aren't pleasant. CO is smacking you around the face saying he has aces and button now wakes up and is saying he has A9. I think unless these players are maniacs you now have to fold.

fluff
03-08-2004, 11:34 AM
Well, CO is telling you that he has AA.

Button on the other hand I have no idea. Hard to imagine he cold-called 3 bets PF with any hand that has a 9 in it, except maybe 99.

At any rate, he's telling everyone he can beat top pair, and with all the raising in previous streets I tend to believe him. Also, calling him down might get expensive if CO and Button get into a raising war.

Vee Quiva
03-08-2004, 12:20 PM
Fold. You are looking at 3 of a kind or a full house. Even if they are maniacs you have only 4 outs to call it down. With 2 players showing aggression, odds are good that one of them has you beat.

Rico Suave
03-08-2004, 06:43 PM
I folded. I was pretty much resigned to the fact that the CO had AA, and I was prepared to just call down in this monster pot. That is until the button came to life when the 2nd 9 hit.

River was 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif CO checked/ called the button's bet.

CO had AA
Button had TT

While I do not think the button played his hand well, the turn raise was interesting....and I think almost won him the pot.

--Rico