PDA

View Full Version : AKo on UB $2/4

colgin
03-07-2004, 11:40 AM
I am UTG with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif. I open raise, one LP player and the blinds call.

Flop: 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Checked to me, I bet, LP raises, SB calls, BB folds, I re-raise, LP folds /images/graemlins/ooo.gif and SB calls.

Turn: 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif[2 /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif].

SB checks, I bet and SB calls.

River: Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif[4 /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif].

SB bets and I call.

Any comments are appreciated but I am most interested in my flop and river play. Results to follow.

spamuell
03-07-2004, 12:15 PM
Flop play seems fine.

I would have raised the river - he's much more likely to have just hit 2 pair with the Q or to figure "I'm calling so I might as well bet" or to be trying to push you off a hand (although he might not call a raise here) than he is to have JT or QQ.

sthief09
03-07-2004, 12:24 PM
yeah I agree with him... it's very doubtful he has JT. far less than 50%

colgin
03-08-2004, 10:28 AM
SB has Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and MHIG. I did not think it was likely that I was up against a straight but I could not think what else the SB would bet out with on the river except as a bluff. If it were a bluff I figured that my raise would not be called, but if SB had the straight I would be re-raised and be facing a tough decision. Of course, SB could have had AQ and been betting what he thought was the best hand. However, I think SB might have shown more aggression with that hand on the flop or turn. Thanks for your comments.

Colgin