PDA

View Full Version : Three Hands for Your Eyes

Haupt_234
03-02-2004, 01:39 PM
Alright, here are three hands that I played last night. $3/$6 live, table is typical but nearing towards the loose side.

One of these three hands held up, but let me know how I played.

Hand #1: Hero dealt: A /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif on the button.

EP1 raises to 6, EP2 raises to 9, all fold to Hero who calls /images/graemlins/confused.gif, BB calls, EP1 calls.

4 to the FLOP: 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks, EP1 checks, EP2 bets 3, Hero calls, BB calls, EP1 calls.

4 to the TURN: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, EP1 checks, EP2 bets 6, Hero raises to 12 /images/graemlins/confused.gif, BB raises to 18, EP1 folds, EP2 calls, Hero calls.

3 to the RIVER: 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, EP2 checks, Hero checks

__________________________________________________ __

Hand #2:

Hero dealt J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif in BB.

All fold to CO who raises to 6. Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

2 to the FLOP: 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero bets 3, CO calls.

2 to the TURN: 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero bets 6, CO calls.

2 to the RIVER: 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero bets 6, CO raises to 12, Hero calls

__________________________________________________ ___

Hand #3:

Hero dealt Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif in BB.

EP2 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB folds, Hero checks.

5 to the FLOP: Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero checks /images/graemlins/confused.gif, EP2 checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks.

5 to the TURN: 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero bets 6, EP2 folds, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds.

2 to the RIVER: 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero bets 6, MP1 raises to 12, Hero folds /images/graemlins/confused.gif

These are the three hands that I was unsure of and, like I said, only one held up. Let me know what went wrong (or right for that matter) because I was unsure of these hands for the rest of the night.

Thoughts appreicated. Thanks. Results posted later.

Haupt_234

Guido
03-02-2004, 02:06 PM
I think you know the answers yourself...

Hand 1:
Preflop: easy fold.
Flop: getting 12 to 1 I don't think calling is terrible especially because you have As.
Turn: Good raise, big pot and you want it /images/graemlins/grin.gif, BB check-raises oops...
River: Only an 8, TT or AA beat you. I would bet this one.

Now you know why you have to fold this hand /images/graemlins/grin.gif, you get into trouble.

Hand 2:
I muck this... wait for a better hand to defend your blind. You played it fine on the flop and turn. Depending on the player I might check-call the river. Most of the time this is a value bet.

Hand 3:
Bet the damm flop, don't let the draws see the turn for free. Good turn bet. I check-call the river.

Hand 1 was a split pot or you won. Hand 2 might be a bluff from the CO but I think you lost. Hard to win hand 3 when you fold /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Guido

Haupt_234
03-03-2004, 01:06 PM
Hand #1: EP2 shows AA for the full house ( AAA88); BB shows J8o for quad 8's

Hand #2: CO shows AKs for the bluff

Hand #3: My friends around the table claimed MP1 showed Q4o /images/graemlins/confused.gif. Not sure what he was thinking but I guess it worked...?

Haupt_234