PDA

View Full Version : "Oh no ... not him/her again...."

CrisBrown
02-27-2004, 03:11 AM
Hi All,

I tossed this out in one of the 2+2 SNGs last week, and someone said I should start it as a thread. So ... who are the players you LEAST like to see at your table? The ones where you think "Oh no ... not him/her again...."

For me, the list includes VVictor, Riverloser, TheBeat, gank, and bparis, all excellent players on PokerStars. I'm not sure, but I think Riverloser was the TLB champion last year, and I know TheBeat and gank are high on the TLB list every month. VVictor and bparis always give me fits, and I worry anytime I'm in a pot with them because I know I need a really BIG hand to beat them.

I try not to play intimidated with them, but all of them are players I'd rather avoid unless I'm on a monster. So that's my list.

Who's on yours?

Cris

jwp
02-27-2004, 02:19 PM
I'm still too small potatoes to have a specific list. At SNG's from 5+1 to 20+1, I haven't found anyone that stuck in my memory or was scary enough to write down.

So, I guess my list contains all of the people I play against in the 2+2 SNGs!

JWP

DrPhysic
02-27-2004, 02:57 PM
Especially William, Heyrocker, and JWP

Doc

(Cris, too)

M.B.E.
02-27-2004, 07:00 PM
Hmmm, looks like you're playing right now with a lot of tough players in tourney 1081615 -- Gank, Legato, Slime51, Spy238, (well, he's eliminated now).

Some lively chat at Cris's table too!

Right now Cris is 4th out of 15 remaining.

CrisBrown
02-27-2004, 08:04 PM
Hiya M.B.E.

Yes, that was a tough table. I survived to 2nd place ... and I do mean survived. spkplr literally ran us over in the final five, catching pocket pairs hand after hand and pushing us out of every pot. Given the way it played out, I'm thrilled with 2nd place money.

Cris

M.B.E.
02-27-2004, 08:20 PM
Congratulations. Always nice to make $865 for a couple of hours' work.

I didn't see the whole thing, just bits and pieces. It was pretty funny when an observer offered to sell a WSOP package for $7K, which Legato agreed to, and Slime51 offered $8K just so Legato wouldn't get it.

When I looked back a few minutes later, however, Slime51 and Legato were both gone; it was down to three-handed with, as you said, spkplr having a huge lead. Something like T24K of the T27K in play.

By the way, Legato used to post on 2+2 a fair bit, but haven't seen him around here lately.

I think I know who Gank is and if I'm right, he used to be a frequent poster on the Mid- and High-Stakes holdem forum. He still does post on 2+2, though under a different name and not as much. (And not on the tournaments forums.)

CrisBrown
02-27-2004, 08:49 PM
Hiya M.B.E.,

[ QUOTE ]
Congratulations. Always nice to make $865 for a couple of hours' work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. It was. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

On a hunch, I decided to look at my PokerTracker stats for $215 and $109 SNGs vs. lower buy-ins. The sample size is, of course, infinitessimal. But I think I play better, more patient poker at the higher buy-ins. After all, with $109 or $215 put out on the table, and considering how difficult it is to get one of those up and running, they're nowhere near as fungible as the low buy-ins. So I play to survive more, and I think that tells me a lot about the mistakes I make at the lower buy-ins. *shrugs*

Cris