PDA

View Full Version : 2+2 SnG results

t_perkin
02-17-2004, 05:44 PM
Ok I was too lazy to stay and watch this after a busted out. I was not really in the mood I'm afraid. But I am glad to see that Stars has honoured their agreement to make sure that the organisers take home the money.

Also glad to see that we kept the randoms out of the top two spots again!

If anyone has any interesting hands post em up. The only one that sticks in my head was winning with TT against JJ on the river /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Congrats to the Doc!

1: DrPhysic (San Antonio), $72.00 (40%)
2: Rhonda B (New York City), $54.00 (30%)
3: TURP (ny), $36.00 (20%)
4: heyrocker (Chicago), $18.00 (10%)
5: TheStrength (Penarth),
6: spike_tt (Swindon),
7: ClaudioReyna (Webster),
8: debaser (Buckingham),
9: sawil (lancaster),
10: MobyDick (København),
11: t_perkin 2+2 (Akureyri),
12: HelmetSky (Ramat-Gan),
13: Shub314 (Victoria),
14: LV_GaryD (Las Vegas),
15: caddy96596 (austin),
16: CrisBrown (Wesley Chapel),
17: benjamin_O (beloit),
18: ByronKincaid (Carshalton),

Al_Capone_Junior
02-17-2004, 06:07 PM
Notice TOON players are two of the top four AGAIN.

Great job guys!

al

PrayingMantis
02-17-2004, 06:42 PM
Cograts Doc!

Great fun again. I busted when I ran with my AQ on the SB, into McMelchior's AK on the BB. I hate it when it happens. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Well, at least he took 2nd, that is some comfort.

Anyway, here's a hand to remember. I wasn't participating in this one. Pay attention to LV_Gary's game, there's always something new to learn.

PokerStars Game #292459898: Tournament #1014954, Hold'em No Limit - Level IV
(50/100) - 2004/02/17 - 15:36:14 (ET)
Table '1014954 2' Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: Rhonda B (1755 in chips)
Seat 2: Shub314 (1580 in chips)
Seat 3: LV_GaryD (1120 in chips)
Seat 5: heyrocker (1335 in chips)
Seat 7: TURP (3750 in chips)
Seat 8: ClaudioReyna (1425 in chips)
Seat 9: HelmetSky (1905 in chips)
TURP: posts small blind 50
ClaudioReyna: posts big blind 100
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to HelmetSky [7h Kh]
HelmetSky: folds
Rhonda B: raises 250 to 350
Shub314: folds
LV_GaryD: calls 350
heyrocker: raises 350 to 700
TURP: folds
ClaudioReyna: folds
Rhonda B: folds
LV_GaryD: calls 350
*** FLOP *** [2h 8c 9h]
LV_GaryD: checks
heyrocker: bets 420
LV_GaryD: calls 420 and is all-in
Rhonda B said, "lol"
*** TURN *** [2h 8c 9h] [5h]
*** RIVER *** [2h 8c 9h 5h] [9s]
Rhonda B said, "g1, heyrocker"
*** SHOW DOWN ***
LV_GaryD: shows [6s 2s] (two pair, Nines and Deuces)
heyrocker: shows [Kc Ks] (two pair, Kings and Nines)
heyrocker said, "is gary 2+2?"
heyrocker collected 2740 from pot
HelmetSky said, "nh"
heyrocker said, "er, was"
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 2740 | Rake 0
Board [2h 8c 9h 5h 9s]
Seat 1: Rhonda B folded before Flop
Seat 2: Shub314 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: LV_GaryD showed [6s 2s] and lost with two pair, Nines and Deuces
Seat 5: heyrocker (button) showed [Kc Ks] and won (2740) with two pair, Kings
and Nines
Seat 7: TURP (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 8: ClaudioReyna (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 9: HelmetSky folded before Flop (didn't bet)

<font color="red"> WOW!!!!! </font>

PrayingMantis

Sheriff Fatman
02-17-2004, 06:42 PM
Congrats to the winners.

I had an interesting time tonight. I seemed to get a lot of hands tonight where I had tough decisions to make. I'm not sure whether you'll class them as 'interesting' hands but I'll post a few of them later for a bit of feedback/abuse.

Had a great time again (only my 3rd one) and it was good to see some new faces, although I still need to figure out who a few of you are on 2+2.

See you next week, hopefully.

Sheriff (debaser)

jedi
02-17-2004, 08:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, here's a hand to remember. I wasn't participating in this one. Pay attention to LV_Gary's game, there's always something new to learn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, what was I supposed to learn here? Don't call raises with 62?

DrPhysic
02-17-2004, 08:57 PM
Thanks, guys.

If the cards would run like that even once in a while…

Appreciate kudos, but I was catching running straights, flopped trips, “stealing” in CO or button with 88, TT. Should have been shortstacked or out twice. RhondaB and Claudio if I remember right that I just drew out.

They won’t run like that all the time.

Doc /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Al_Capone_Junior
02-17-2004, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll post a few of them later for a bit of feedback/abuse

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gettin' the gasoline ready hoss! Cuz you know us criminal types HATES LAWMEN!

al

Al_Capone_Junior
02-17-2004, 09:41 PM
Never apologize for winning. So the cards favored you today. Every dog has his day. The ones from 2+2 have their days more often, that's all.

I took 5th last night in a $109 tourney with 227 players. Felt good, kinda broke up a pretty long, mostly cold streak for multi tournaments. And heck, I needed the money! Only thing I am sorry about was that my AK didn't suck out against 99 when I went all-in with five left.

al

Sheriff Fatman
02-17-2004, 10:00 PM
OK, I've just been through the history and have picked out some of my key hands from this evening, both good and bad. Like I said in my previous post I seemed to have many more 'awkward' decisions tonight than I've had previously. This is no doubt due to the quality of the opposition in many cases but I also had a lot of 'thinking hands' to deal with.

Apologies if they're not particularly interesting but they were ones where I had a big decision to make each time. I figure I'm here to learn from playing these events so flame away - I'll be a better person for it!

Hand 1:
Blind level 3 - 25/50. I have T1380.

I'm in BB with A /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
All fold to HelmetSky in MP who raises to T150. Folded to me. I call with the Ace as its a Heads Up situation and I'm part-way in already.

Flop 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Try to be aggressive and bet T150 on the 2nd pair. Helmet raises to T400. I'm convinced that the flop has missed him and that he's betting big cards &amp; call.

Turn 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Figure this to be another blank for him so push all-in to try and scare him off. Figure he'll read me for a trip 9s or 7s. After some though from Helmet he folds. It works.

In hindsight, probably 2 bad calls, no doubt a consequence of feeling that I've been giving too much up to steal-raises in 2+2 events to date.

------------------------------------------------------------

Hand 2:
Level 4 50/100. I have T2080.

Dealt K /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif in BB
Folded all around to MobyDick (who I just have covered) on button who raises to T300. Again, figure this for a steal raise so re-raise to T500. Moby calls.

Flop K /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Push all-in with top pair. Moby calls and flips over K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Turn and river bring 2 Aces and a split pot.

Hand 3 (A stinker)
Level IV 50/100

Dealt T /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif on button with T2205.

TheStrength raises to T300 from UTG+1. I re-raise to T700 to try and get it Heads Up at worst. Re-raised all-in (T1385) and I call like an idiot.

TheStrength had K /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif. No-one improves. I'm back down to a short-stack.

Bad play on my part - should have known better.

Hand 4
Level 4 (50/100)

Dealt 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif UTG with T820 chips.

Am short stacked after the hand above and raise to T300. Sawil reraises to T800 in UTG+1. Everyone else folds. Am now pot-committed and call the T20 to go all in.

Sawil shows A /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. The board misses him and I double up.

Hand 5
Level V (75/150)

Table is 6-handed. Dealt 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in MP with T1840.

Folded to me. I raise to 300. Sawil flat calls. Everyone else folds.

Flop Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I bet T150 and am raised all in (T900) by Sawil.

I lay down and Sawil shows me Q /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif

Hand 6
Level 6 (100/200)
Final table, 9 left, I'm the 2nd short stack with (T1390).

Dealt A /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif in MP.
DrPhysic (chip leader with T6420) raises to T400 behind me. I push all-in. Folded round to Doc who thinks for a moment then folds. I win T700 badly needed chips. I half expected to be called as I was well covered and would have then been reliant on hitting the board. If chip positions had been different I might have folded but, short-stacked, I felt I had little choice.

I eventually went out in 8th trying to double up from the button with A5s, losing to A9o. However, I definitely 'played' more tonight, rather than allowing myself to be blinded away waiting for cinch hands.

Overall, I definitely set out to be more aggressive tonight and had plenty to think about as I seemed to get a lot of borderline playable cards, many of which I folded. The medium pairs in particular were tough decisions. I've been playing Limit SnG's all week where I can limp in with these hands in the right circumstances and see what develops. Tonight I knew that I wouldn't be afforded that luxury!

Sheriff

DrPhysic
02-17-2004, 10:26 PM
Sheriff,

The A/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif (hand 68), I had 9/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. The attempted steal didn't work. No option but fold after your bet. Good read. The re-raise was a very good bet.

Doc

Tyler Durden
02-18-2004, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Level 4 (50/100)

Dealt 8 8 UTG with T820 chips.

Am short stacked after the hand above and raise to T300.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to be moving all-in here preflop. The 2x raise is too much of your stack, you're committed to any flop you see. Plus, you want to put the others to a real decision.

La Brujita
02-18-2004, 01:01 AM
I really enjoyed the game today. Congrats to all.

I didn't get any cards and really won all my pots uncontested (other than an outdraw stay of execution with 7d 3d) with either late position raises or from the blinds. I was really happy how I played the hands I was dealt, you win some you lose some.

Its funny some tourneys you get a good result and are not too proud of some decisions, and some have bad results but you walk away pretty satisfied. This one left me with a really good feeling.

CrisBrown
02-18-2004, 01:37 AM
Hiya Doc,

See, I told you the rule this week was that you win! I did my part by nosediving early. *giggles*

(That's my story and I'm sticking to it....)

Cris

eastbay
02-18-2004, 01:48 AM
What the heck are TOON players, anyway?

eastbay

t_perkin
02-18-2004, 05:02 AM
Its from our entry into the SS vs ZOO (Small Stakes forum vs Internet forum) tournament.

We (the then tournament forum before the single table forum existed) entered and our name went through various abbreviations until it ended up as Toons which seems to have stuck. (Tournament - Tourns - Touns - Toons)

So now the Zoo-SS replay-rematch on 26th Feb is suppsoed to be:

Zoo vs SS vs Toons

us being the Toons.

Tim

PrayingMantis
02-18-2004, 05:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1:
Blind level 3 - 25/50. I have T1380.

I'm in BB with A /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
All fold to HelmetSky in MP who raises to T150. Folded to me. I call with the Ace as its a Heads Up situation and I'm part-way in already.

Flop 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Try to be aggressive and bet T150 on the 2nd pair. Helmet raises to T400. I'm convinced that the flop has missed him and that he's betting big cards &amp; call.

Turn 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Figure this to be another blank for him so push all-in to try and scare him off. Figure he'll read me for a trip 9s or 7s. After some though from Helmet he folds. It works.

In hindsight, probably 2 bad calls, no doubt a consequence of feeling that I've been giving too much up to steal-raises in 2+2 events to date.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. It was basically a steal-raise.
When you called I pretty much put you on Ax.

On the flop, your T150 didn't look strong. I figured you might had missed it with your Ax, or hit a little peace of it. I thought you might fold to a reraise. I think my reraise was too weak. Should have put you in, with that read, or simply fold. You calling my bet told me you don't really like what you have. Maybe a flush-draw. (And of course, small chance you hit a set, but I don't see your flop bet as coming from a set).

Turn: You push, I have no option but to fold. I put you on something between a bluff with AT - AK, or a pair of 9 or 7.

In retrospect, it was a close one - you with 77, me with 66.
Anyway, I think I wouldn't call a raise here PF with A7o on the BB, but that's only my game... probably nothing to learn from.

Nice play, anyway, on the turn.

PrayingMantis

PrayingMantis
02-18-2004, 06:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Uh, what was I supposed to learn here? Don't call raises with 62?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Jedi,

Didn't mean to learn like in *learning*. Meant it more like: learn what crazy crazy crazy things people do, and enjoy the madness, if you want.
Besides, it wasn't just 62, but 62 sooooted, and he didn't just call a raise, but a *big* raise, and a reraise (which caused the original raiser to fold), and an all-in on the flop, while he basically hit bottom pair of 2's.

I've noticed there were few bizzare moves by non-2+2ers, on the 2+2 SNG's, moves that are so crazy, I hardly ever see, and I don't remember seeing too much even on lower buy-in's. My thinking is that maybe "random" opponents find themselves in this tight-aggressive enviroment, extremely different from their regular games, and at a certain point they just explode, and do some crazy suicidal move, just because they feel they are pushed around or something. He played rather OK until that hand, if I remember correctly. A little too loose possibly, but nothing too bizzare, anyway.

I don't know. Maybe he had to go someplace. I don't mean to pick on him.

PrayingMantis

Sheriff Fatman
02-18-2004, 06:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nice play, anyway, on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks - 1 out of 3 isn't bad I suppose /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Appreciate the feedback.

TylerD
02-18-2004, 06:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
RhondaB and Claudio if I remember right that I just drew out.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about my bubble hand where your 66 cracked my 88! Anyway i had a great time and will definately try to play in one again. Congratulations Doc.

DrPhysic
02-18-2004, 11:00 AM
I really have to feel sorry for a fish that just happens to drop in on our game. How would you feel? You're used to playing against the fish, and all of a sudden, every time somebody bets against you he has AK or JJ or .....

A little sympathy for the poor guy. After a half hour of us, he had good reason to explode.

Doc

DrPhysic
02-18-2004, 11:05 AM
Actually the origin of Touns (or Toons) which is sort of short for Tournament Forum, was a pm from Mike Haven to me, suggesting that we get a team together. He pointed out that we would need a name and suggested Looney Touns.

Doc

Officially as far as I know, Touns includes both TF and 1TTF.

Sheriff Fatman
02-18-2004, 11:09 AM
Even worse for the non 2+2er, he sits down at a table and 8 opponents who obviously know each other from somewhere start chatting and are then joined by half of the second table as observers.

I'm surprised no-one's reported us for suspected collusion!

I did think TURP was going to break the non2+2 duck last night. He took some chances with calls but also showed some strong moves at times. Pity he was a deaf mute!

Personally, I can't wait for the day a table coach ends up in one of the games!

DrPhysic
02-18-2004, 11:12 AM
When the table coach shows up....

I hope Capone, William, and Cris are all at that table!

Doc

PrayingMantis
02-18-2004, 11:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A little sympathy for the poor guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have all the sympathy in the world. On the other hand, it was probably the craziest move I've seen in quite a while, and I'll say again: I don't remember such moves even from when I was playing only 11$ and 5.5$ SNGs. Since it happened on "our" game, I felt posting it could be nice, because that's a hand that really shocked me. Didn't mean to make fun of this guy, and if anyone understood it that way, then I'm truely sorry and willing of course to apologize.

PrayingMantis

Al_Capone_Junior
02-18-2004, 11:37 AM
They come from all forums, all walks of life, all kinds of poker playing backgrounds. But they have one thing in common:

Super-Genius.

al

PrayingMantis
02-18-2004, 11:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Even worse for the non 2+2er, he sits down at a table and 8 opponents who obviously know each other from somewhere start chatting and are then joined by half of the second table as observers.
I'm surprised no-one's reported us for suspected collusion!

[/ QUOTE ]

You are absolutely right. I'm sure people are pretty suspicious, although I think they believe we're just a bunch of super-tight crazy low buy-in friends, who are trying to make it to the money by folding... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway, if someone do contact support about collusion, that will give Stars another good reason to let us have our own private SNG. They said it will be an option soon, didn't they?

PrayingMantis

DrPhysic
02-18-2004, 01:10 PM
I didn't think making fun of him was out of line at all.

Doc

PrayingMantis
02-18-2004, 01:20 PM
It's just that I've started feeling a bit sorry for him... and for posting this crazy (to say the least) move here /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I guess it would have all been completely differenty if another 2 hit on the river or something. Then it was probably you and him, Doc, heads-up at the final table... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

PrayingMantis

jedi
02-18-2004, 03:28 PM
As someone who is pretty much dead money in these tournaments, I don't feel sorry for the guy in the least. If he RAISED with that 62, then I'd commend him for having the balls to do that, but calling raises with it?

Stoneii
02-18-2004, 04:06 PM
when they gather at tournaments, is the collective name then a Platoon?

heyrocker
02-18-2004, 04:13 PM
Based on the responses to my AA posting from earlier I'm apparently a moron! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

DrPhysic
02-18-2004, 04:24 PM
Tell you what. Lets let everybody vote that has cashed the SNG four weeks in a row.

Doc

PrayingMantis
02-18-2004, 04:36 PM
heyrocker,

Vinny had this post maybe two weeks ago, in the multi-forum, and was asking "would you fold AA here?", about a specific situation. He got flamed like crazy, especially from one guy (Goodie?) who thought that was the most inapropriate question in the world.

Anyway, I suggested, later in that thread, that everybody will have a right to post *one* "would you fold AA here?" question, in their life as a 2+2er. I still think it's a good idea. I did it once a few months ago, and was totally flamed. Vinny did it, you did it. Now we don't have the right to do it anymore /images/graemlins/frown.gif.

But that's poker.

(BTW, *Never* fold AA unless you have a written authorization by Greg (Fossilman))

PrayingMantis

jedi
02-18-2004, 05:31 PM
Well, you DID push in with the AA, so we were actually supporting you.

[ QUOTE ]
Based on the responses to my AA posting from earlier I'm apparently a moron! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]