PDA

View Full Version : AK SOOOTED NL hand

Acesover8s
02-09-2004, 05:15 AM
Pokerstars $.50 - $1.00 hand. Pretty tight table with some occasional flurries of action. I'm only paying as much attention as the vodka will let me.

I have $125. and open for a raise to $4 with AKsuited. Folded to a LP player who goes allin for $30.

Now dammit, maybe I have the best hand, maybe I don't, maybe its a coin flip, maybe not. But I hate getting pushed around like this, especially from a short stack who can't do too much damage. But I'm gonna look pretty stupid when he shows me his AA if I call. . .

Anybody call here, or everybody puss out like I did?

Ulysses
02-09-2004, 05:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm only paying as much attention as the vodka will let me.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm drinking and playing online, this is an auto-call for me.

SpaceAce
02-09-2004, 05:29 AM
If he has AA, he's mismanaging it. With so little money in the pot and so much folding, going all-in with AA or KK doesn't seem like a good idea unless he's sure you'll call. I think you're coin-flipping against a middling large pocket pair or facing another AK.

SpaceAce

Acesover8s
02-09-2004, 05:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm only paying as much attention as the vodka will let me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I'm drinking and playing online, this is an auto-call for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two caveats, I have yet to announce to the table that I am a bit drinky, and I have so far been showing down solid hands so my raise is probably semi-respected

Ulysses
02-09-2004, 05:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Two caveats, I have yet to announce to the table that I am a bit drinky, and I have so far been showing down solid hands so my raise is probably semi-respected

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm drinking, I don't really care what the table thinks of me or what they have. I HAVE AK SOOTED, BABY!

Of course, that's why I've decided playing online while drunk isn't that great an idea.

As for the actual hand, for $26 here, I don't think it matters all that much. Folding is easy and can't be wrong. Calling is probably a little worse, but it's fun when he is bluffing w/ crap or when you snap off his pair.

Acesover8s
02-09-2004, 06:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Of course, that's why I've decided playing online while drunk isn't that great an idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

As much as I've respected your advice in the past, I have to disagree with you here. I might go as far as saying your "Theories" here are irresponsible.

My drinking tonight has allowed Dogsballs to buy his girlfriend a nice dinner tomorrow, as well as many lesser gifts to lesser known players. This is a service that should not be discounted.

Acesover8s
02-09-2004, 06:08 AM
. . . that still doesn't say if you're calling or folding here. . .

I think maybe there is some image advantage to calling here, showing that you're not going to be pushed around.

theBruiser500
02-09-2004, 06:44 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if you call and found AQ or AJ, small stacks like to make that move depending on the player.

danny

The Dude
02-09-2004, 07:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My drinking tonight has allowed Dogsballs to buy his girlfriend a nice dinner tomorrow, as well as many lesser gifts to lesser known players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said! LOL!

SomeName
02-09-2004, 10:19 AM
For me this is an automatic call. I have see way too many kj's make this move, and if you are wrong he cant hurt you more. Also, most online players seem to think that slowplaying big pairs is the way to go, so the this raise from most means no AA or KK.

One reason to fold would be if you know your player very well, but from reading this it didnt sound like it.

RollaJ
02-09-2004, 10:58 AM
easy call (98% of the time) onl1ne

dogsballs
02-09-2004, 01:45 PM
I'm surprised you had as much AK suited when you said you raised initially... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

My drinking tonight has allowed Dogsballs to buy his girlfriend a nice dinner tomorrow, as well as many lesser gifts to lesser known players. This is a service that should not be discounted.

Thanks for that; though I ended up breaking even last night /images/graemlins/frown.gif. Guy on my other table got luckier than I was on our table.

SpaceAce
02-09-2004, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
. . . that still doesn't say if you're calling or folding here. . .

I think maybe there is some image advantage to calling here, showing that you're not going to be pushed around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I meant I am going to be calling fairly often in this situation.

SpaceAce

Wheezl
02-09-2004, 07:31 PM
If its anything like the online games ive seen, you call him down and rake the pot when his AJ suited doesnt get there, or you get "lucky" and spike a card on his 7,7.

Al_Capone_Junior
02-09-2004, 07:39 PM
To quote myself:

"you gotta have the huevos if you wanna have the rancheros sauce."

I call his ugly ass. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

al

muzungu
02-09-2004, 09:32 PM
Call without hesitation, because:

1. Small stacks do like to push in with lesser hands: you could easily be dominating him.

2. At this point you are laying $26 for $35.5, so it's a slight +EV move if he has a pair QQ or lower.

If he has AA or KK (only 3 ways to make each), so be it.