PDA

View Full Version : Two hands against the same player

AliasMrJones
02-09-2004, 02:16 AM
Two hands against the same player where 4 draw cards hit the board. Table was very loose and very passive and this player was a calling station.

Party Poker 2/4 (10 handed)
Hero has Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is MP3

EP1 limps, Hero limps, CO limps, Button folds, SB limps, UTG checks

Flop(5 SB): 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB bets, UTG calls, EP1 calls, Hero raises, CO calls, SB calls, UTG calls, EP1 calls

Turn(7 1/2 BB): T/images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, UTG checks, EP1 checks, Hero bets, CO folds, SB calls, UTG folds, EP1 folds

River(9 1/2 BB): Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB bets...

Your play?

Then a few minutes later:
Party Poker 2/4 (10 handed)
Hero has A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is MP1

Hero raises, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds

Flop(5 1/2 SB): 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero bets, CO calls

Turn(3 3/4 BB): Q/images/graemlins/club.gif

Your play?

AliasMrJones
02-09-2004, 03:19 PM
OK, not terribly interesting and I think I posted this the wrong way. The results of the first hand influenced me to play the second hand differently than I normally would, and I think I screwed it up.

The first hand I called the river bet after the 4-card straight hit the board, expecting to lose. My opponent turned over J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif and MHIG?

So, then I'm up against the same guy and this time the flop comes low straight flush in clubs. Yuck. I have only overcards, but bet out hoping he doesn't have clubs and will go away. He calls. Then a fourth club hits. Normally I'd check/fold here, but my opponent called my raise cold so I assume the straight is out and since its heads up there is a decent chance he doesn't have a club. I bet out again. He called again. Then a K/images/graemlins/spade.gif came on the river. Now I'm pretty sure I'm beat. I check, he bets and I call? He turns over K/images/graemlins/club.gifQ/images/graemlins/spade.gif he wins.

I think the big differences were 1) I had position on the first hand. 2) I hit the flop on the first hand. 3) The real scare card came on the river on the first hand. 4) It is more likely that he has a club in hand 2 than one of the straight cards in hand 1. I seriously misplayed hand 2. Any comments?

Mike Gallo
02-09-2004, 03:44 PM
Hand one, I call the river.

Hand two I check, fold on the turn.