PDA

View Full Version : Sit and Go's and time of day

rusty JEDI
02-06-2004, 06:39 PM
I have found over a small sample of sit and go's that the day time (eastern) the games have way less maniacs/dead money than the late night games.

The disparity seems much greater than the difference from day to night ring games.

Anyone have much data on time of day results?

CrisBrown
02-07-2004, 12:25 AM
Hiya rusty,

I've thought about this too, as I can set my own schedule to some degree. So far I haven't reached any conclusions, though. The late evening (around 10pm-1am EST) have been good for me, but I've also had some success in the mid-afternoon (around 2-5pm EST). For some reason, from 5-10pm I seem to run into a lot of hyper aggressive players, but that's a very tiny sample size because I'm usually cooking dinner and spending family time then, rather than playing.

Cris

Bluff1
02-07-2004, 01:42 AM
I have always found from 2-5 est time and early in the morning from about 9-11. Other than those two times the games are usually not too tough.

eastbay
02-07-2004, 02:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have found over a small sample of sit and go's that the day time (eastern) the games have way less maniacs/dead money than the late night games.

The disparity seems much greater than the difference from day to night ring games.

Anyone have much data on time of day results?

[/ QUOTE ]

No data, just impressions on party. The few times I've played during the day, I've noticed a very large variation in my results. I struggle to break even during the day. My results in the evenings are much stronger (about 70% ROI since I started keeping track about 50 tournies ago.)

I think the poker "market" is about as hot as it will ever be. Buy up while the getting's good. I can't imagine this is sustainable.

eastbay

MicroBob
02-07-2004, 05:49 AM
you say it's not sustainable with another season of WPT on the horizon??

the gettin' is pretty good now.....and it's about to get better.

i haven't been losing too many SNG's where i feel i am getting outplayed...just the occasional bad-beat.

board, 78T
me, KK
him, AJ

i showed strength with a re-raise pre-flop that he called....and then showed strength again with a strong bet on the flop.
he calls my all-in and turns the straight.

i see idiotic plays all the time in SNG's.
and they are spreading to UB and Stars as best as i can tell...although i am still a party-player for the most part.

sometimes there are some good SNG's to be had around 1-5 a.m. EST. i suspect there are a handful of players who are playing just 1 more SNG before they hit beddie-bye....and consequently are a bit more impatient making them more likely to lay it on the line with a suspect all-in call in the early going.

i call them the 'oh-well-off-to-bed' gang because i see these type of phrase frequently by some of the players who bust out early in late-night SNG's.

Stoneii
02-07-2004, 08:34 AM
So that's why it's hard. My playing in the evening UK time is the afternoon Eastern time. So you mean I'm going to have to get up and play 3am-7am GMT /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

So decision is more profit & divorce or less profit and tolerance - mmmmmmm

In all seriousness, I think when u play late evening in any time zone you'll get a few who are "two sheets to the wind" and so nudge up your expectation (having played a few times myself when I was three sheets and lost much more heavily!!)

G'Luck

stoneii

t_perkin
02-07-2004, 10:56 AM
Play in the morning GMT - 9am is good. You get the really tired and drunk americans.

Fridays are always good.

Saturdays are harder than Sundays.

just my not very scientific results...

Tim