View Full Version : nut flush draw

bakku
02-06-2004, 04:06 PM
UB 1/2
half the table is loose, half is tight
but no good reads yet on the people in the action

i have A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

PF
MP open raises, 1 cold caller, i call, BB calls, 4 to the flop (8 SB)

flop
2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, bet, raise, i reraise, all call, 4 to the turn (20 SB)

turn
2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

blank, but all check to me, do i sweeten the pot in case i hit on the river or take the free card? i have a feeling everyone will tell me to bet this one..
anyway, if this is an obvious answer to you, keep in mind i'm still learning /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bisonbison
02-06-2004, 04:10 PM
I would smooth-call the flop raise. Even at party, 3 bets cold is tough for people to call, and at UB?

I would bet this turn, but a lot of times you'll see a checkraise here.

fluff
02-06-2004, 04:17 PM
My guess is you will need to get the flush to win this hand. You're about 4:1 to make it on the river, so you don't have the overlay to bet the turn even if you expect all your opponents to call. I would take the free card.

bakku
02-06-2004, 04:25 PM
so you also would have called on the flop instead of 3-betting, right?

CardCuda
02-06-2004, 04:25 PM
Hey Bakku -

Personally I bet here, checked to you on a pretty raggedy flop. MP probably has A-K, maybe A-Q also, you have outs go for the pot and bet out here.

ps - also if you were expecting more callers pre-flop I would've three bet with "half the table loose".

greenage
02-06-2004, 04:26 PM
Pre flop I’d 3-bet. At UB I think there is a reasonable chance you can get it heads up. I have some insurance being suited and a chance to bluff A, K if no Ace or King falls on the flop or turn.

I don’t understand the flop action. I thought you were third to act after BB and MP but you show a check, bet and raise before you act.

I may be in the minority but with the action on the flop and 3 players I take the free card.

bakku
02-06-2004, 04:32 PM
sorry, i messed up the PF action. there was a cold caller, then i called, i accidently switched it around. i was last to act on the flop

original post is edited

scotnt73
02-06-2004, 04:33 PM
i will always bet the turn here. even if i get check raised here with this many people in the pot it will be worth it. the pot will be huge.

me454555
02-06-2004, 06:51 PM
Gotta bet this to sweeten the pot and see where you are and possibly take a free showdown.

You might be able to fold out some trouble hands that may be out there, such as A9 or A8, to clean up your overcard outs. Even though they may have the odds to draw to their 2 pair, your flop and turn bet would look consistent w/a flopped set, so you may be able to scare them out.

If trouble hands aren't in the pot, you may even be able to make this a value bet b/c you have have up to 15 outs and 3 callers.

Getting c/red isnt the worst thing in the world either. You have plenty of outs to the nuts and pot is definatly big enough to justify a call.

rayrns
02-07-2004, 09:19 AM
I would be worried about the cold caller here. When he raised on the flop it sure strikes me as maybe having a set of 8's or 9's. Maybe 2 pair but would he have cold called with 8-9s pre-flop. You made your semi-bluff raise on the flop and lost no players. Take the free card on the turn. With only three callers, you are not betting this for value and I don't think you want to face a check/raise at this point.

bunky9590
02-07-2004, 09:41 AM
Preflop, I three bet. Lets get rid of the blinds for sure and see what the open raiser has. Lets put the cold caller in a whipsaw position.

Flop three bet is fine.

Turn: TAKE THE FREE CARD. Somebody has something they like to be callig the flop and you have no pair and the pot is to big to fold, you don't certainly want to get checkraised, so check behind. That's why position is so freaking important.

River I think is self explanitory depending on what hits.

bakku
02-07-2004, 11:10 AM
i take the free card

river
2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

check, bet, fold, i raise, fold, call

caller flips over 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

bunky9590
02-07-2004, 01:30 PM
very nicely done.

Textbook play.

AtlasNNN
02-07-2004, 02:22 PM
The pot has become big. You're just going to have to bet both the turn and the river regardless of whether your draw gets there or not. In fact, you can bet the river in the dark.

Ed Miller
02-07-2004, 02:29 PM
No, the flop 3-bet is good. But I'd also take the free card on the turn I think.

bakku
02-07-2004, 04:11 PM
bet on the river even if a blank hits? that sounds like money thrown away?

Chris Daddy Cool
09-01-2004, 08:03 AM
3-bet preflop.

the flop is a clear 3-bet. do you guys see why?

bisonbison
09-01-2004, 05:06 PM
the flop is a clear 3-bet. do you guys see why?

I do now.

sfer
09-01-2004, 05:09 PM
Someone get me the surveillance videotape from Garden City when CDC's day of reckoning comes. Boo-ya!

RustedCorpse
09-15-2004, 05:41 AM
I three bet preflop a)to see where I stand b)I'm getting some callers c)Bottlesof mocks me when I cold call.

Three bet the flop(enough callers and free card right?).

I take the free card on the turn, that was the point of the three bet on the flop right?

I'm actually replying just to see if my line is correct more than to give advice /images/graemlins/smile.gif