PDA

View Full Version : AA hand

Saborion
01-06-2004, 07:17 PM
1/2. Loose passive. 10-handed.

I`m dealt A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif in MP3.
EP3 limp, MP2 limp, I raise, CO cold-call, button cold-call, BB call, EP3 call, MP2 call.
6 to the flop.

[9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif] ~6 BB.
Checked to me, I bet, all but BB call.
5 to the turn.

9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif [9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif] 8 BB.
Checked to me, I bet, CO call, button raise, EP3 call, MP2 call, I call.
5 to the river.

Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif [9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif] 17 BB.
Checked to button that bet. It`s folded to me, what do I do?

Trix
01-06-2004, 08:18 PM
Why not Raise the Turn? the 9 isnt that bad unless he have 1 and if he do, he will most likely 3bet which will make river alot easier for u...
On river u r prolly done...Since all he needs is a Q,9 or a spade...but since pot is so large and so much weird stuff happens at that limit i would prolly just call

el_grande
01-06-2004, 08:29 PM
Fold the river. I see aces lose this way so many times it's not even funny.

It would be shockingly rare for the button to NOT turn over a Q or a 9.

bunky9590
01-06-2004, 08:41 PM
Man that did get ugly.
Preflop fine, you raised, got called, perfect.

Flop, nothing fancy bet it out. So far so good.

Turn: Buttone raises you, I more often than not three bet him here to really see how much the 9 helped him. It makes my river play alot easier. If capped, I check call the river against typical opposition. (Very few people will cap a flush draw in that spot, nor will they cap AQ.)

You can make a case for folding to the cap, but the pot is too big and you only have to be wrong 1 in 15 or so to be mathematically incorrect. (Like that MajorKong?) Likewise on the river.

If they don't cap the turn , I bet the river.

Saborion
01-06-2004, 08:52 PM
You bet the river in this hand? With the flush possibility and the boat, in case someone had the Q?

I sure am sorry I didn`t 3-bet the turn, maybe then things would`ve turned out differently. Will I ever learn this game I wonder...

No one called buttons bet on the river, but he showed us his hole cards. I suppose he was all excited. He flipped over pocket 6's.

Trix
01-06-2004, 09:00 PM
3 PAIRS !!! O_o

PocketRocketsBF
01-06-2004, 09:03 PM
The pot is big enough for you to call. This would be true for any position but it is doubly true for the button who will attempt more steals.

bunky9590
01-06-2004, 09:17 PM
If he doesn't cap, I bet the river. Awful hard for him to call with those 6's now isn't it???

Homer
01-06-2004, 09:18 PM
Turn: Buttone raises you, I more often than not three bet him here to really see how much the 9 helped him. It makes my river play alot easier. If capped, I check call the river against typical opposition. (Very few people will cap a flush draw in that spot, nor will they cap AQ.)

I don't understand why you'd three-bet the turn since you plan to ignore the information a cap gives you and call it down anyway. If you aren't confident enough to fold to a cap, then you shouldn't three-bet. You should just call and check-call the river.

-- Homer

Ed Miller
01-07-2004, 02:14 AM
I think 3-betting is wrong... and part of the reason is that you cannot fold to a 4-bet. At that point, the pot is so gigantically huge, you are basically getting odds to call for your two outter alone.

Ed Miller
01-07-2004, 02:19 AM
This one's easy. You call. There's only one more player between you and the bettor, and it's not particularly likely that he has you beaten, so I wouldn't raise. I certainly wouldn't fold.

BTW, folding has to be wrong, because what could the button have? Well, he's representing a nine on the turn, but he then bets into four opponents when the queen pairs on the river? He doesn't have a nine. He would likely have raised the flop with a queen, rather than waiting for the turn to raise. There is a strong chance that he's being an idiot.

Actually, I think you could make a case for raising to protect the pot if CO has a flush. He'll probably fold a flush for two bets, but overcall for one. I'll have to think about it. I think calling is probably right, though.

Homer
01-07-2004, 02:32 AM
I agree that you can't fold on the river for one bet, but come on, this is 1/2, the button could easily be betting with 9's full. You've been playing 300-600 (or whatever limit you're playing now /images/graemlins/smile.gif) for too long...

-- Homer