PDA

View Full Version : 6-12 Hold'em Borgota What are Luke's cards.

Mikey
01-06-2004, 02:36 AM
Here is a hand I sweated when Luke played in the 6-12 HE game at the Borgota, he was parked on my right and not voluntarily. :-)

Anyway, I think he played this hand very well.
Can you name his two exact hole cards. I did rather quickly and I'm sure everyone can. But lets see if you guys are really good.

Luke limps in the cutoff with xx. - I think it was the cutoff, because I folded on the button.

There were four limpers and he limped, I folded the button.

The flop came down 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

It was bet out by UTG and everyone called to Luke in which he raised, everyone called, I'm pretty sure the blinds dropped out.

On turn fell a 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif or some low rag.

It was checked to Luke and Luke checked.

On the river falls a J /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

UTG bets, one person inbetween Luke and UTG calls and Luke raises.

What are Lukes cards??

EXACTLY!

onegymrat
01-06-2004, 02:42 AM
8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Bob T.
01-06-2004, 03:28 AM
I'm thinking 98 of hearts.

In a regularly structured game, I like having the better players to my left, so I can isolate the ones to my right.

Clarkmeister
01-06-2004, 03:35 AM
"Here is a hand I sweated when Luke played in the 6-12 HE game at the Borgota, he was parked on my right and not voluntarily. :-)"

I would LOVE to have you on my left.

"Luke limps in the cutoff with xx. - I think it was the cutoff, because I folded on the button"

See? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

tpir90036
01-06-2004, 05:39 AM
well since you said it was easy i guess the answer is 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. although i would like to think the answer is J /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif because i really like JTs for some reason.

Mikey
01-06-2004, 07:21 AM
C'mon Clarky, you mean to tell me you play the button every single time, even with complete dog pu pu.
Actually I think you do....if you are completing in the SB with 35o. But in all honestly though, I can't play those hands and then show a profit with them.

I'm still in the learning mode of this game, I can't play more hands than most pros like yourself. Like limping with 35o in the SB and T3o. I can't play those hands yet.

my requirements are alot higher.

bunky9590
01-06-2004, 08:12 AM
looks like 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Or the weakest played A /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif that Ive ever seen in my life.

Probably the 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif though.

Luke
01-06-2004, 11:44 AM
Here I am, working on posting this same hand and little do I know Mikey already beat me to it.

Not that it matters all that much, but I should point out that I remember the hand slightly differently. I belive the 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif was on the flop and the T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif was the turn card.

Luke

alfman
01-06-2004, 11:59 AM
Just to be a little different...K /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Luke
01-06-2004, 12:03 PM
Sure it's great on hands like this when I'm playing, he mucks and now I have the button. But I tend to prefer to act after the best player(s) in my game.

Luckily though, and perhaps not surprising to many on this forum, in almost 4 hours of play together, we did not see the turn in the same hand once. I hope Mikey thanked his lucky charms. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Luke

Clarkmeister
01-06-2004, 12:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sure it's great on hands like this when I'm playing, he mucks and now I have the button. But I tend to prefer to act after the best player(s) in my game.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a common misconception so I'll address it.

You do not want position on the tight players. You want them to have position on you. This will enable you to steal their blinds and buy the button with raises in LP. Also, and most importantly, you get first right to raise and blow them out of the pot against all the fish on your right. Ideally you want all the idiots on your right and all the thinkers on your left. They simply don't get enough 3-betting quality hands to worry about, even if the *know* you are raising a little lighter than usual.

I've played countless live games now with dozens of 2+2ers and it is far better to be in front of them. Dynasty and I fight for "position" when at a normal blind structured table together, meaning whoever gets to be on the right "wins".

Clarkmeister
01-06-2004, 12:53 PM
"C'mon Clarky, you mean to tell me you play the button every single time, "

No, but I certainly play it more than you do. Position rules.

As far as the small blind hands, the T3 was in a 3 and 2 chip structure. Even Sklansky says to play everything there. The 53o was against a super retarded group of limpers, as evidenced by the guy who bet his no-pair, 8 high 1 card flush draw into a field of 6. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Aces McGee
01-06-2004, 01:01 PM
Clarkmeister

This post confused me. You said you want thinking players to have position on you, but you also said you want them on your left, with idiots on your right.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
McGee

Clarkmeister
01-06-2004, 01:22 PM
Correct. I want thinking tight (or tight-aggressive) players on my left (with position on me) and the idiots of all types on my right (where I have position on them).

Aces McGee
01-06-2004, 01:27 PM
Thanks. I think I misunderstood what having position meant.

McGee

wontons
01-06-2004, 01:29 PM
I'm pretty sure blinds were 3 and 6 making it 2:1 blind structure.
As far as mikey's comments about playing requirements for players learning the game...they may find it hard to lay down hands like 76 in the sm blind so even thou i would call around 98% of the time in the sm blind if it wasnt raised and the BB wasnt a maniac and gonna raise I agree full heartedly that playing requirements for less experiecned players is KEY to not dropping alot of cash.

Luke
01-06-2004, 01:44 PM
Good points Clark. Thanks for the advice.

Luke

Mikey
01-06-2004, 02:05 PM
sorry luke.... I think you're right. I didn't know if you'd post this hand or not, so I got bored and figured it would be a fun one to post.

And you are right the turn was Td, because that is where you picked up your extra outs.

CrackerZack
01-06-2004, 02:25 PM
If this flop is right and he had 98 of hearts he certainly didn't play it right. He has 15 outs on the turn and 4 opponents even with the blinds dropping. this is a certain value bet of the draw! Even if you drop most you'll make this about a third of the time and could easily pick it up on the river with a bluff. I'd say K9 hearts is more likely.

Luke
01-06-2004, 04:19 PM
I'll take the liberty of posting the results as it was my hand afterall. I had K /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Congrats to those of you who got it.

I feel that I played the hand correctly on all streets but I imagine some would have folded preflop and others may have bet the turn when checked to and picking up the gutshot outs.

With a handful of poor playing limpers and a good chance to have the button (as Clark pointed out), I felt this was an easy limp.

I think most people raise the flop for all the obvious reasons.

On the turn, I likely have 12 outs so to bet that draw for value I would need to get all 3 of my remaining opponents to call - not very likely. Even less likely is the chance that all 3 players would have folded to single big bet. An argument could be made to bet to free up my king outs but I didn't feel this possiblity was strong enough to warrant the bet. So I decided to take my free card.

The river raise is easy and joyous.

Luke

Mike Gallo
01-06-2004, 04:40 PM
I feel that I played the hand correctly on all streets but I imagine some would have folded preflop and others may have bet the turn when checked to and picking up the gutshot outs

You could have also raised with that hand preflop.

Bob T.
01-06-2004, 04:44 PM
The guys that you are going to make money from, are the bad players. Money moves to the left around the table. You want as many players on your right that are going to let go of their money as possible. Players that are going to hold on to their money, you want on your left.

When a seat next to you opens up, check an see who is coming in to the game, if it is a tighter player, take the right seat, and if it is a looser player (or an unknown) take the left seat. I usually assume that unknowns are weaker players until I know more about them.

Bob T.
01-06-2004, 04:50 PM
I thought that you had 98, instead of K9, because you didn't bet the turn. with K9 you might have had as many as 15 outs, and it might improve your chance of winning the hand, if you got say K4 suited, or AJ to fold.

Luke
01-06-2004, 05:01 PM
You could have also raised with that hand preflop.

I agree. For me, I was much closer to raising than I was folding, but I felt calling was best.

Mike Gallo
01-06-2004, 05:14 PM
I agree. For me, I was much closer to raising than I was folding, but I felt calling was best.

I would consider folding with that hand in that spot a significant mistake.

Eventually you will feel comfortable with raising in that spot.

CrackerZack
01-06-2004, 05:31 PM
98 is a double gut shot on the flop, 15 outs also.

Also, not directed to bob, but folding this PF is insane.

Bob T.
01-06-2004, 06:54 PM
Damn, I missed the other straight. I hope I never do this at the table. But the King as an extra out needs protection, but the 7 doesn't.

Also, not directed to bob, but folding this PF is insane.

Agreed. Although insane might be to strong a word. You wouldn't really intitutionalize someone because of it. Stupid would cover it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mikey
01-08-2004, 12:26 AM
Looking over at the hand, and getting some responses that say you should bet the turn for value. I don't think you should. After all the first limper bet into you. Therefore he must have something.

On the turn Luke is definitley behind, yes he may have picked up these additional outs, but lets face it he was bet into on the flop, so the limper has at least a pair.

Anyway when UTG bet into Luke on the river and called the raise because a heart didn't come on the river and because Luke stopped betting. The limper showed down AQo.

Bob T.
01-08-2004, 06:19 AM
I was thinking that he was behind, but that a bet might improve his king outs.