PDA

View Full Version : BOSS tourney reminder

rkiray
01-03-2004, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
rkiray:

I emailed you yesterday evening as follows,

$20+2 limit on True at Jan 11, 9:00 pm EST would be fine.

We'll do the bonuses you suggested

$12 rebate for 100 raked hands played since 12:01 am December 15, (up to 80 players in the field)

$2 early bird, for registration by January 6, 11:59 PM EST,

Hats to all players who finish out of the money,

$5 added to first ten side bets who notify info@truepoker.com

I'll check with Support re whether we can readily track flops seen % or look for most UTG positions. So, I would propose we do those, if possible or
propose a substitute if we cannot. We can do something tied to "first with a specific hand" more readily.

Sorry for delay, travel and under the weather.

We do value the business of posters from the small stakes forum, pleae take advantage of our 20% first time deposit bonus if anyone considering play does not yet have a Truepoker account.

[/ QUOTE ]

I copied this from a previous post. If you are interested in this tourney and have 25 poker related posts in SS, PM me for password. Do not PM me with questions. Post them here. We already have 18 people signed up and several people asked for passwords the last few days and only 2 of them registered so far. So I think we should have at least 30 or 40 players since most people tend to procrastinate. Still some trash talking wouldn't hurt. JTG, that seems to be your speciality.

BTW, I think there are probably still some $5 bet add-ons. Anyone interested in a $10 last longer with me?

Bob T.
01-03-2004, 05:55 PM
I'll take that bet if noone else volunteers. I am looking for some revenge after my performance in the SS vs Zoo tourney.

rkiray
01-03-2004, 06:02 PM
Sounds good. I'll e-mail True poker now.

rkiray
01-04-2004, 01:20 PM
I got an e-mail back and we qualfied for the add-on. I don't think we got the last spot, so a few more of you should try to make some bets. Post 'em here and maybe try some trash talk. Bob is obviously a fool to bet against me since I finished 19th in the last tourney and he finished 50th. His results were so pitiful he couldn't even make the top 1/2 of the field. (Here's an easy challenge, almost anyone should be able to trash talk better than me).

Also there are only a couple of days left to qualify for the early entry bonus. We have 19 people signed up so far, but I've sent out over 50 passwords. I figured that since this is an "SS only event" (although several people who post more on the zoo than here asked for the pw) about 30-40 would be a good turn-out. I think we will get that. Here's another challenge. Prove me a pessimistic fool and fill all the spots (80).

brian0729
01-04-2004, 01:42 PM
Ill take a $10 bet w somebody, but im sure I wont get any takers...sigh..since I finished 8th in the last tourney.

Somebody..anybody. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

rkiray
01-04-2004, 03:31 PM
OK here's some real trash talk :

I went to True to try to copy the list of whoose signed up for the tourney, then I wanted to start a debate about who was the favorite and who was the biggest dog. I could not find a way to copy the list, and I'm too lazy to do it by hand. But I was surprized. The list actually looked pretty soft. There are a couple of very good players who have asked for passwords, but they haven't signed up yet. So (especially if you take advantage of the discounts True is offering) looks like a +EV situation. OTOH, since TT isn't on the list, I couldn't really find a huge dog either. I challenge everyone here to go to the list and pick favorites an

Redhotman
01-04-2004, 04:28 PM
I am interested in playing, and dont have an account. What is TP's bonus policy? Does anyone know an afffilate to the site?

rkiray
01-04-2004, 04:43 PM
I think TPCEO mentioned in one of his posts something about a 20% bonus for new accounts, but I've had an account for a long time, so I'm unsure. I've never really been into bonus whoring. I prefer to minimize the number of times I transfer money over the internet. Not sure if I'm just lazy or paranoid, probably a bit of both (but more lazy).

rkiray
01-05-2004, 12:56 PM

ElSapo
01-05-2004, 01:10 PM
The list actually looked pretty soft.

Soft? Dude, I've already registered. What you see there is a 20-way race for 2nd. I'll take your last-longer bet with one caveat -- if I last longer, you must refer to any tournament I enter in 2004 as "a decidedly -EV event."

Deal?

rkiray
01-05-2004, 02:11 PM
Sorry, you were too slow. Bob T. got the bet.

Brian
01-05-2004, 02:33 PM
Hi,

How do I know when I have reached the 100 raked hands played mark for the 12 dollar rebate? I think I played on there a lot right before Christmas but I am not sure. Thanks,

-Brian

rkiray
01-05-2004, 03:36 PM
If you have earned 100 True points.

Gomez22
01-07-2004, 08:07 PM
Due to the lack of participants in this so far, this is officially a BUMP.....

'Mez

Homer
01-07-2004, 08:11 PM
FYI, I may have to back out. It's about 50/50 that I'm going to the Eagles game Sunday at 4:30. I likely would not make it back in time for the tourney...

-- Homer

rkiray
01-08-2004, 02:02 PM
Remember if you want to play in this tourney, PM me ahead of time to be sure you get the password in time. It's almost here.

ElSapo
01-08-2004, 02:25 PM
And I'm making dinner for someone that night, and may have to bail as well. Largely depends on how well dinner goes.

And of course, even if I do play I will have had about six glasses of wine at dinner so I will officially be dead money at the table. Not that I wasn't before...

Maybe I can just get her to watch TV while I play. I mean, how long can I concievably last anyways? (I'd really hate to date me. I mean that.)

ElSapo
01-08-2004, 02:25 PM
How many are signed on thus far?

BigEndian
01-08-2004, 02:29 PM
Priorities man. Date first, then poker.

Pun intended.

- Jim

rkiray
01-08-2004, 02:47 PM
Sounds to me like you are afraid you can't back up your smack talk.

ElSapo
01-08-2004, 03:02 PM
Sounds to me like you are afraid you can't back up your smack talk.

Busted.

Did you want that last-longer? We can do it on the side if you like. 'Cause, you know, I didn't really get any takers /images/graemlins/grin.gif

rkiray
01-08-2004, 03:33 PM
Well, I made one with Bob already, but I guess I can take a second one (don't know if it will qualify for bonus or not). Why don't you email their support. That might make it more likely to qualify. Do I win by default if you don't show? /images/graemlins/cool.gif

ElSapo
01-08-2004, 03:39 PM
That might make it more likely to qualify. Do I win by default if you don't show?

Of course... At this point, you're practically free-rolling on your bet with Bob.

EDIT -- Maybe I can pull a Gaming Club freeroll-style move and post-fold past you if I don't make it...

thomastem
01-08-2004, 03:48 PM
I didn't see the "Grey Poupon Open" on the tourney board at True. I wouldn't have even known about this if not for my peeps at the Zoo watching my critters' backs.

Give me details, I know where. When is it? Can I still get rebate Etc.

Limit??? Isn't that what the women play? I can never get rid of all of my chips on the first hand in LIMIT.

Aces McGee
01-08-2004, 03:52 PM
There's a joke to be made about ElSapo's date and betting with rkiray about lasting longer, but I'm having difficulty saying it concisely.

McGee

ElSapo
01-08-2004, 03:55 PM
That's a separate bet, Aces, but sadly True isn't offering a bonus on that one. Oh but if they were....

rkiray
01-08-2004, 03:59 PM
If she's willing, I can think of a much more interesting last longer bet. I'd gladly skip the tourney for that. /images/graemlins/cool.gif Great post

BottlesOf
01-08-2004, 04:08 PM
Truepoker 9 PM, 1/11. Have to pm rikray for the password. You will qualify for some rebates and if you play 100 raked hands (which I'm sure you have) you get over 50% back. I think this is right, it's been a while since I signed up. Rikray can pm you all of the accurate info.

thomastem
01-08-2004, 04:13 PM
Any more last longer bets available? Does the winner get a year's supply of Poupon?

My critters are very upset at not being informed earlier (but thank you bottles). The cow chips are gonna start flying.

rkiray
01-08-2004, 04:45 PM
Well, you have been making lots of replies to my thread over in NVG, did you ever read my signature? I'm not sure if you actually have 25 poker related SS posts, but you do have more than 25, you haved spamed over here in a long time, and I like dead money in the tourney. /images/graemlins/cool.gif Actually I haven't turned anyone down yet. I almost did today. Someone whose handle I didn't recognize had only 25 posts. But they were all in SS, and a quick spot check, they looked acceptable. I'm hoping he made some post just to qualify, and then did so as soon as he qualified.

thomastem
01-08-2004, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, you have been making lots of replies to my thread over in NVG, did you ever read my signature? I'm not sure if you actually have 25 poker related SS posts, but you do have more than 25, you haved spamed over here in a long time, and I like dead money in the tourney. /images/graemlins/cool.gif Actually I haven't turned anyone down yet. I almost did today. Someone whose handle I didn't recognize had only 25 posts. But they were all in SS, and a quick spot check, they looked acceptable. I'm hoping he made some post just to qualify, and then did so as soon as he qualified.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since when did poker players start wearing white gloves? I'm sorry I don't go for manicures or peticures either.

Bob T.
01-08-2004, 06:18 PM
Of course... At this point, you're practically free-rolling on your bet with Bob.

Hey, I am likely to do better than my 50th place finish in the SS vs zoo event. Only 21 entries now.

CrackerZack
01-08-2004, 06:21 PM
I thought affiliates were for suckers.

Btw, if this was supposed to have 25 quality posts, can we make them have to be in your last 200?

CrackerZack
01-08-2004, 06:25 PM
Lovely, all we needed now was the name change. Done in the subject. All better. Sounds like a blast. I think I'll head over to RGP and invite OffTilt, maybe headquarters isn't busy, or the guys who posted something "good" about bigbetpoker. Good stuff!

rkiray
01-08-2004, 08:00 PM
I can't believe no one wants TT's bet. Speaking from experience it's a good bet.

thomastem
01-08-2004, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe no one wants TT's bet. Speaking from experience it's a good bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I asked if there is any bonus left for last longer. It's a known fact that I suck if there is bonus left.

Mike Gallo
01-08-2004, 09:41 PM
Do you have enough players yet?

JTG51
01-08-2004, 09:47 PM
Not even close. There are only 22 registered, but they have room for 80. I know there are a few players who have promised to play but have yet to register *cough*JoeTall*cough* but it still won't be close to full.

Joe Tall
01-08-2004, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know there are a few players who have promised to play but have yet to register *cough*JoeTall*cough* but it still won't be close to full.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meow. What's today? When's the tournament?

Ok then.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Mike Gallo
01-08-2004, 10:00 PM
JTG will you play under an alias?

If I can transfer money from Party to True I might register and play.

ElSapo
01-08-2004, 11:08 PM
Why don't you email their support. That might make it more likely to qualify.

Emailed True, they said "Your request has been approved by True Poker Management. It is in and covered."

Apparently I will have to back up my trash talk after all. This can't be good...

Styles
01-09-2004, 12:04 AM
this isn't gonna be cancelled or something is it?

was there a minimum player count?

I'm still in. Looking forward to it.

rkiray
01-09-2004, 01:07 PM
The minimum is 10. I'm not worried about it. I mailed out the 70th password this morning so we could have a large walk-up crowd. I never expected more than 30 to 40 since we always had more trouble filling our team than the zoo did. I still think that's were we will end up. TruePokerCEO picked the 80. I think he did that based on 80 people in the last one at True (but 1/2 of that was the zoo, and I think a couple of our players wanted to play for zoo but had to play for us).

rkiray
01-11-2004, 02:44 PM
23 people signed up, but 74 passwords given out, so I still expect 30 to 40 players.

TruePoker CEO
01-11-2004, 05:22 PM
We will give out a $25.00 bonus to the first person who wins a showdown at the final table holding a 7 - 2 offsuit, and a $10.00 bonus to the first person who wins a showdown at the final table holding pocket 2s.

We will give a $25.00 Food and Beverage comp to the person knocked out on the bubble, (It is for an unnamed hotel with a big volcano in front and is fully transferable if you are not going to be in Las Vegas.)

Truepoker CEO

crockpot
01-11-2004, 06:16 PM
do you have a list of the side bets that got the $5 added to them? i'm wondering if either of mine got through.

Joe Tall
01-11-2004, 08:14 PM
I'm really hung over, tired and signed up.

God love dem Patriots!

Peace,
Joe Tall

CrackerZack
01-11-2004, 08:19 PM
You're dead money? This is gonna be a tough tourney then. I'll be watching alias while playing so when i do something dumb, I'm blaming it on Jennifer Garner.

Styles
01-11-2004, 08:22 PM

Joe Tall
01-11-2004, 08:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm blaming it on Jennifer Garner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stay away from my wife, thanks. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Peace,
Joe Tall

MaxPower
01-11-2004, 09:26 PM
I'm in. Someone already has the name MaxPower, so I am going by TipsyMcStagger.

What are the bounties/side bets. I know I have a $5 last longer with JTG51 and a few others.

This should be interesting.

themul56
01-11-2004, 09:36 PM
what si the table name I have the password but can't find it anywhere for some reason.

themul56
01-11-2004, 09:37 PM
NM

Joe Tall
01-11-2004, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so I am going by TipsyMcStagger

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, you took my name.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Bob T.
01-11-2004, 11:48 PM
I claim the 22 bonus, hand #35946905.

rkiray
01-12-2004, 01:21 AM
Wow, you had a pretty good night. But if you hadn't rivered Stu I think I probably would have won our LL bet. Good job.

Bob T.
01-12-2004, 01:45 AM
But if you hadn't rivered Stu I think I probably would have won our LL bet.

You are right, I would have been down to a couple hundred in chips, and you were still around.

Wow, you had a pretty good night.

I didn't have a good night, I am having a big weekend. Friday after work, I played in a live home game, and had a nice win, Saturday night, I won a private multitable NL tournament, then picked up a couple hundred in online games early on sunday, and then placed third in this event sunday night. Running good is Fun!

CrackerZack
01-12-2004, 02:00 AM
I'm having a big sunday.

Won the 2:30 NL tourney on true although it was little more than a glorified SnG with 13 entrants. Won this using Tommy Angelo plan (http://www.tommyangelo.com/articles/how%20to%20win%20a%20big%20pot%20at%20no-limit.htm) . Doubled up in a NL $50 game there with 72o. Now if only i could watch the UB Million final table.