PDA

View Full Version : Beating the bluffer out of position

AeonBlues
12-12-2003, 02:56 PM
Last night on a $100 Party NL game, and I was playing against a player that would bet almost every flop that was checked to him. This player would limp in with literaly any 2 cards. After playing for half an hour or so, I developed a stratagy.

When he Bet, I could call with any 2 over cards. Then if everyone else folded, which seemed to happen more offten than not, I would come out betting like $10 at him. Everytime I pulled this move, he called the turn, and folded for a bet on the river, wether I made a hand or not, becaue he generaly had nothing, or nothing worth calling a bet with. I pulled this move on him 5 times with 100% success, as the only time he called on the river, I had the best hand.

AeonBlues

tewall
12-12-2003, 03:06 PM
This feels like heads up limit HE play. There a general strategy is to look for weaknesses in the opponents betting patterns and try to take advantage of that. Of course, that's a good strategy in NL too, but it's harder to implement. You did well to pick up on a viable strategy so quickly.

SpaceAce
12-12-2003, 03:17 PM
Looks like you picked up on his weakness which is great. Put him on your buddy list and hammer him until he's dead broke.

SpaceAce