PDA

View Full Version : 30-60 Two Blind hands

MHoydilla
12-08-2003, 06:50 PM
30-60 hands from today at the Bellagio:
1. Im in the Small Blind dealt 78s, folded to the button who raises, this is an auto raise as the button would raise here with any 2 cards. I called was this wrong.
2. Im in the Big Blind and dealt K4s and UTG +3 raises everyone folded to me. I have no read UTG +3, I called was this wrong.

Schneids
12-08-2003, 06:56 PM
1. Here I'd 3 bet it, check the flop blind, then if the raiser bets, raise him. Then bet the turn dark. If you don't win the pot, it'll sure confuse the heck out of him and do wonders for your table image. I'm taking some lessons from mike l /images/graemlins/wink.gif
2. If you have no read on him, I'd just fold and move on. Usually a raise from UTG+3 is slightly better than any two cards, even if it is an open raise.

Vehn
12-08-2003, 06:58 PM
Does a bear s--- in the woods?

Inthacup
12-08-2003, 07:42 PM
1. Here I'd 3 bet it, check the flop blind, then if the raiser bets, raise him. Then bet the turn dark. If you don't win the pot, it'll sure confuse the heck out of him and do wonders for your table image. I'm taking some lessons from mike l

Welcome to Variancetown. Right down the road is -EVille

mike l.
12-08-2003, 10:51 PM
"1. Im in the Small Blind dealt 78s, folded to the button who raises, this is an auto raise as the button would raise here with any 2 cards. I called was this wrong."

at first i read this as big blind and i was gonna say "it's better to fold 75% of the time or so and then reraise with it the other times (particularly when you have very strong winning image, feel you can outplay the button and/or button is likely to have lame hands, etc)" but then i saw it was small blind and have to instead say "no, easy fold every time. you need many more players in to play this hand for $40 more."

"2. Im in the Big Blind and dealt K4s and UTG +3 raises everyone folded to me. I have no read UTG +3, I called was this wrong."

that's an atrocious call. id rather have 54s and even then it's a fold. dont hate me, but unless youre rich you shouldnt be playing 30-60 until you have a better handle on these sorts of things.

Schneids
12-08-2003, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. Here I'd 3 bet it, check the flop blind, then if the raiser bets, raise him. Then bet the turn dark. If you don't win the pot, it'll sure confuse the heck out of him and do wonders for your table image. I'm taking some lessons from mike l

Welcome to Variancetown. Right down the road is -EVille

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the tip /images/graemlins/wink.gif. I was lost but now I am found.

DanZ
12-08-2003, 11:32 PM
I have not read the other responses.

Calling is very wrong in both places.

Reraising is the only play from the SB.
Folding is the only play vs. an EArly middle raiser with K4s.

I don't know that either play is very opponent dependent, barring some rediculous extremes.

Dan Z.

MHoydilla
12-09-2003, 12:40 AM
Thanks for the honest reponses its better to here its wrong now then thousands of $$$$$s down the road. As for the "atrocious" comment in retrospect your dead on. Ill continue to ellicit advice as I have a long way to go. FYI I am in no means rich.

elysium
12-10-2003, 05:45 AM
hi mhoy
hand 1) your hand is dominated without the necessary odds. something like Q7o is better in this situation. i know it looks worse than the 87s, but in this situation you must approach your holding not from a suited point of view, but from a high point of view. what i mean by a high point of view is that you ask,"how high am i?". o.k., so how high are you? your 8 high. your answer would be,"i'm 8 high!" i'm 8 high? whew.....a 9 kills me. that's how you must approach the 87s in this situation. add only 2 more opponents and......nope, nope, even by adding 2 more opponents, you are still only 8 high with lousy position. do you know that even stealing from the button with an 8 high is wrong.

when you are not getting correct odds to do anything with your holding, ask "how high am i?" you like a minimum of Q high in this situation. of course any small pair is now considered a made hand, and instead of asking how high you are, ask "how fast and furiously must i fold out with my made hand?" if your hand is very low......a 33 pair for example, you must raise or fold, while a 77 can almost always showdown on the river.

hand 2) you're likely dominated, but since your call closes the action, call. remember though, this is a different situation entirely from hand 1). now you must flop solidly, and there is 3.5-1 to 5-1 that you will flop something solid in this heads up scenario. you can call here. the ev will not be a whole lot different though from what you would get if you took a couple minutes off to stretch. yes! taking a couple minutes off to stretch your legs and rest your eyes has some non-card related positive ev. by the way, does anyone else ever contemplate non-card ev? some people have very high non-card ev, especially those people who think they play well but don't. they get extra ev simply by staying out of the card-room.