PDA

View Full Version : The cry for postflop decisions is answered!

James282
12-04-2003, 03:55 PM
Maybe this play is more straightforward than I believe it was, but I felt it was debatable on nearly every street. This hand is from a 10/20 table on Party Poker.

I am in the big blind with 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Folded to a tight preflop but crappy postflop player 4 to the right of the button who raises. Button is a pretty good postflop player but fairly loose(at least looser than I am) preflop player. Small blind folds, and I call(ok?).

Flop comes 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

This flop had to have missed these guys, and I don't think they are capable of putting me on a hand. I bet. Garbage postflop player calls. Pretty good postflop player calls. OK. Thanks for no information. I put crappy postflop man on overcards and possibly a draw and good postflop man squarely on a heart draw.

Turn: 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I like it. I bet again to charge the draw. Crappy player calls, and good player raises. What the heck does he have here? What's your play?

I call(which I think was a mistake!), crap-man calls.

River is a Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check, crap man bets, OK player thinks and calls, and I muck it.
Comments? Results and reasons to follow.
-James

mike l.
12-04-2003, 04:09 PM
you played it fine. reraising the turn is fine too. doesnt really matter in the long run. sounds like you lost to crapguy with nothing and 77 on the button.