PDA

View Full Version : Applying what I've learned

Henke
11-26-2003, 02:56 PM
Instead of being dominated (as with the two QJ) I'm trying to be the dominator instead. Thanks all who replied to my last post. I would like to hear what you think of this play (especially flop-turn and river).

Party Poker 0.50/1 (10 handed)
Hero has Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif and is MP1

UTG limps, Hero raises, MP3 calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls

Flop(9 SB): A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, MP3 raises, SB calls, UTG calls(all-in), Hero 3-bets, MP3 calls, SB calls
Nice flop! Is the 3-bet here OK, or should I wait for the turn to check-raise?

Turn(10 BB): K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks
Ouch! Scare card! Should I have bet out to charge the maximum of those hands with one /images/graemlins/diamond.gif?

River(10 BB): 4/images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, Hero bets, MP3 calls, SB folds
[i] Would it be wrong to check-call here?

====== SPOILER =======
All in guy had A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif
MP3 had 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Yeknom58
11-26-2003, 03:18 PM
With a 2 flush flop I prefer to 3-bet the flop if I'm raised. Because he might be raising his flush draw in a attempt to get a free card on the turn. In addition if the diamond falls on the turn you might not want to CR and if your opponent has Ax he probably won't bet.

I would have bet the turn and river.

GuyOnTilt
11-26-2003, 03:18 PM
You played it very well up until the Turn. You MUST bet here! What makes you think somebody's on a flush draw? Just because one is possbile in a multiway pot, doesn't mean somebody has one. You just gave any one with a singleton diamond or a Jack or Ten a free card to beat your monster hand. Next time, when you flop top two pair on that board, don't look at the turn card. JUST BET.

MP3 had 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Zoo'ers are always good for a little donation for the sake of nostalgia. Don't expect to understand their play.

GoT

Joe Tall
11-26-2003, 03:28 PM
Much better! You are getting close!

[ QUOTE ]
Nice flop! Is the 3-bet here OK, or should I wait for the turn to check-raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

The 3-bet is a must, you must charge/drive the single diamond suck-out hands out.

Bet the turn, just be wary of a check-raise or raise.

Stick around, you've come to the right place,
Joe Tall

lil'
11-26-2003, 04:18 PM
Bet the turn. You can't give a crappy diamond or gutshot straight draw a free shot to beat you.

Henke
11-27-2003, 03:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You played it very well up until the Turn. You MUST bet here! What makes you think somebody's on a flush draw?

[/ QUOTE ]
SB cold called two bets on the flop, but then again, this is .5-1, so maybe I shouldn't put too much value in that...

[ QUOTE ]

Just because one is possbile in a multiway pot, doesn't mean somebody has one. You just gave any one with a singleton diamond or a Jack or Ten a free card to beat your monster hand. Next time, when you flop top two pair on that board, don't look at the turn card. JUST BET.

[/ QUOTE ]
And if I'm raised, call-check-call?

[ QUOTE ]

MP3 had 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Zoo'ers are always good for a little donation for the sake of nostalgia. Don't expect to understand their play.

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/grin.gif Will remember that! lol

Thanks again all for your answers!

Alobar
11-27-2003, 08:32 AM
What would you guys have done if he had bet the turn and was raised? call-check-call? or do you play back at him and see if he caps? (if he does, do you fold right there?, if he doesnt do you bet out the river?)