PDA

View Full Version : Try this quick psychology test

Graham
11-18-2003, 04:18 PM
You may have seen this; I just received it for the second time this week:

Psychological Test

It is a story about a girl. While at the funeral of her mother, she met a man whom she did not know. She thought he was amazing, her dream guy, and she fell in love with him but never asked for his number and could not find him after the funeral.

A few days later the girl killed her sister.

Question:

What was her motive in killing her sister?

Give this some thought before you go to the second post

Graham
11-18-2003, 04:20 PM

Answer:

She was hoping that the guy would appear at the sister's funeral.

If you answered this correctly, you think like a psychopath. This was a test that a famous American psychologist used to test if one has the same mentality as a killer. Many arrested serial killers took this test and answered it correctly.

If you didn't answer correctly, good for you.

If you DID answer correctly, please let me know so I can take you off my e-mail list.

daryn
11-18-2003, 04:43 PM
i got it right.

Joe Tall
11-18-2003, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i got it right.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's got to be all the burritos you eat.

I got it wrong. I miss Anna's. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

adios
11-18-2003, 04:57 PM
"If you answered this correctly, you think like a psychopath."

I got it right and I don't think like a psycopath. I'll let others elaborate if they so choose.

Kurn, son of Mogh
11-18-2003, 05:06 PM
I've seen this before. The problem is, given enough time, most people should be able to rationally work out the motive. Thus I think there is more to the "psychopath" identification, like, say, getting the answer in 3 seconds (like a co-worker just did).

Logically, the mystery man is either a red herring or not. If he is, then there isn't enough information contained in the solution for there to be a right and a wrong answer. Therefore, the mystery man is key to the motive. Eventually, most people who think rationally should identify the motive, even if their answer begins with "I know this sounds sick, but..."

That being said, I will keep my eye on my associate from now on.

David Steele
11-18-2003, 05:18 PM
"if he is [ a red herring ], then there isn't enough information contained in the solution"

I got it wrong so maybe I am not a psycopath but maybe the sister is one for a different reason.

My reasoning was that the man was a red herring and the motive was some kind of inheritance based killing so she won't have to split the pot, perhaps she killed the mother too.

D.

Munga30
11-18-2003, 07:49 PM
is that what he's eating?

mmm... superchickenwithblackbeansandrice

eugeneel
11-18-2003, 09:26 PM
This is one of the most interesting posts ever IMO.

Ray Zee
11-18-2003, 09:44 PM
she was a serial killer. she killed her mother then wanted to kill the man she loved and since he wasnt immediately available she killed her sister. she kills whomever she loves.

Ulysses
11-18-2003, 09:44 PM
This is not the first time you guys have gone on about these great Boston burritos. Having spent many years in Texas and now living in San Francisco, I find that hilarious.

Ulysses
11-18-2003, 09:46 PM
That's complicated, Ray. I figured everyone would get the obvious answer. Her sister pissed her off, so she killed her. I mean, isn't that the main reason you kill people?

daryn
11-18-2003, 09:55 PM
oh man.. super steak, black beans.. a touch of sour cream, xxtra hot sauce and maybe guac if i'm feeling up to it

daryn
11-18-2003, 09:56 PM
i only say this to you ulysses.. they are the best burritos in boston. i say no more, i say no less.

Cyrus
11-19-2003, 03:40 AM
"she was a serial killer. she killed her mother then wanted to kill the man she loved and since he wasnt immediately available she killed her sister. she kills whomever she loves."

Do you find the ground in Montana soft or hard to dig in ?

Chris Alger
11-19-2003, 08:52 AM

nicky g
11-19-2003, 09:26 AM
I had Ana's a couple of times when my girlfriend (now wife) was at college and lived in Somerville. It was great. It was really, really great. I've not been West but I have never eaten any Burrito even approaching that level of deliciousness in DC, MA or NY , despite looking hard.

Kurn, son of Mogh
11-19-2003, 09:31 AM
What's the hoax? Are you saying that this was never used as a psych test for serial killers?

Ulysses
11-19-2003, 10:37 AM
Snopes (http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/sister.htm)

Kurn, son of Mogh
11-19-2003, 10:47 AM
Thanks. Gotta love Snopes.

Joe Tall
11-19-2003, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is not the first time you guys have gone on about these great Boston burritos. Having spent many years in Texas and now living in San Francisco, I find that hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uly, my brother lives in So. Cal and I frequent often. He aslo just got married at Las Rocas, Rosarito, Mexico (http://www.lasrocas.com) where I gorged myself on Mexican food for 5 days straight.

Anna's has the best burrito, period.

Real Mexicans, making real burritos, right in Boston.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Kurn, son of Mogh
11-19-2003, 12:23 PM
Also Tacos El Charro in JP.

Ulysses
11-19-2003, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Uly, my brother lives in So. Cal and I frequent often.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is irrelevant. Southern Californians know nothing about burritos.

[ QUOTE ]
He aslo just got married at Las Rocas, Rosarito, Mexico (http://www.lasrocas.com) where I gorged myself on Mexican food for 5 days straight.

[/ QUOTE ]
Mexican food. Not burritos. All the Mexicans who know how to make great burritos move to San Francisco or Houston. Those who can't hang there apparently make their way to Boston.

[ QUOTE ]
Anna's has the best burrito, period.

[/ QUOTE ]
Without even having to try them, I can guarantee you that the burritos in any of a number of places in San Francisco's Mission district are far superior to Anna's burritos. Period.

Joe Tall
11-19-2003, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can guarantee you that the burritos in any of a number of places in San Francisco's Mission district are far superior to Anna's burritos. Period.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never been to SF, but would love to see if you are correct, as I have an open mind and I'm willing to search for the ultimate burrito. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Without trying Anna's, you thought process is illogical. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

You just dropped on my 'favorite poster' list, sorry Uly. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Peace,
JT

Joe Tall
11-19-2003, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also Tacos El Charro in JP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good choice!

Peace,
JT

Kurn, son of Mogh
11-19-2003, 04:13 PM
I will say this. Having been to SF a few times, I can safely say that the best restaurants in the US are there. It's hands-down the best food city in the US.

As for whose burritos are best, de gustabus non est dispudatem.

I do know, however, that the best guacamole in the world is made in Cranston, RI.

daryn
11-19-2003, 04:29 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
You just dropped on my 'favorite poster' list, sorry Uly. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

oh baby, i hope i moved up.. viva anna's!

Kurn, son of Mogh
11-19-2003, 04:32 PM
Great area. Tacos El Charro for Mexican, El Oriental de Cuba for Cuban food, then walk down to the Brendan Behan for a Guinness.

Easy E
11-19-2003, 04:39 PM
and she watched her sister 7-bet the flop with 72off, call multiple raises through the river and get beaten by AK-high.

After the resulting bust-out, the response that her sister gave her was "I KNEW he didn't have any part of the flop!"

------

..... or, her sister sucked out on her AK with a 72off, calling raises on each round, when she flopped top two pair and her sister caught runner-runner ducks.

ChipWrecked
11-19-2003, 06:20 PM
I got it right. Great. Another psychosis to add to my list.

P.S. Now I've read the entire thread. A post about sibling murder devolves into a discussion of Mexican food. You people are all sick /images/graemlins/grin.gif

John Cole
11-19-2003, 08:12 PM
You might want to try El Sombrero on Dexter St. in Central Falls; they have a cow tongue burrito on the menu.

John

Ulysses
11-19-2003, 11:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have never been to SF, but would love to see if you are correct, as I have an open mind and I'm willing to search for the ultimate burrito. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Your open mind will serve your stomach well.

[ QUOTE ]
Without trying Anna's, you thought process is illogical. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Some things are universal truths.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will be back up on the list once you visit SF.

Michael Davis
11-20-2003, 01:17 AM
I answered correctly, but only because I thought about it for awhile like you asked.

Besides, just because you think like a serial killer doesn't mean you are one. You could also be a profiler...

-Mike

John Feeney
11-20-2003, 01:43 AM
Nice new sig line John!