PDA

View Full Version : Empire/Party Question: Topping up my stack in NL...

dux
11-13-2003, 04:33 AM
Given that the no-limit and pot-limit games online have maximum buy ins, I have to constantly top up my stack when starting a session (and hopefully not by the time I'm ending a session). This is especially true at Empire/Party, as they only let you bring 50 big blinds to the table.

Since I returned to no-limit, I've had problems with the "more chips" feature. Sometimes, say in a $25 NL game when I have about $18.50 (or some random figure below $25), I'll go to top up my chips and I will bring the maximum I can back to the table ($6 in this example). When I do this, sometimes it will bring me only one or two dollars, or a few dollars less than I asked or whatever. This is a problem.

Another concern is in the past when you ask to top up my stack, and am told I'll get my chips when the hand is completed. However if I win the hand in question and my stack becomes larger than $25, they wont and should not give my my top up.
From memory, they tell you that you cannot have your chips brought to the table. Now I don't get this notification.

What I am not sure of is this: are they still deducting the full say $6 from my balance and giving me only a portion of this in the room I'm in. Because I'm playing 3 tables at once most times, I haven't been able to check on this. I just assumed everything was ok.

But then a freind gave me a small transcript of him talking with party about my second point, trying to top up 7 more dollars, winning the hand and not getting his money. But he alleged the money was still deducted from his account.

Has anybody else experienced anything like this?

Legend27
11-13-2003, 05:58 AM
Say you have $21 at the table and you call $2 preflop and then fold after the flop. If you reload party will only let you reload to $23. Don't why they do that if you've folded but you gotta wait till the hand's over to get the other $2.

Wyrm2
11-13-2003, 10:34 AM
I've had the same problem on Party. They are deducting the correct amount of money, and you will be able to fill up to the (Max buy-in - what you have put into the pot). It's frustrating that they don't have a fix that lets you fill all the way back up if you have already folded the pot, but I have to admit it isn't exactly a high priority.