PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on overbets..

1800GAMBLER
11-01-2003, 08:42 PM
10/20 $2000 buy in NL game. Player has just sat, so my guess he has no reads on any of the players.

Player in question limps UTG, highest stack of $4k makes it $100 to go, everyone folds UTG limper calls.

even though this is high stakes i'd be surprised if the player in question has different UTG limping standards as compared to other positions

Flop (Pot: $230):

9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG checks, other player bets $220, UTG checkraises for $1500.

Any other comments you have about these massive checkraises or massive bets on the flop and preflop.

1800GAMBLER
11-01-2003, 08:55 PM

JonCooke
11-02-2003, 01:29 PM
If I did that, I'd probably be either pissed or have one of:
hJ10 - 1
hA5/65 - 2
Set - 6

So a set is most likely for me.

1800GAMBLER
11-02-2003, 04:03 PM
I'm surprised at how many players are crediting this massive checkraise as a made hand, i've never saw anything showdown in these situations, but it's an awful way to try and get paid off with a hand which pushes me more towards saying these players have draws/nothing.

daryn
11-02-2003, 05:35 PM
so you're more inclined to think the guy has nothing, since he put so much money in? good theory, try to prove it by calling next time you're in such a situation, and be sure to tell us what happened.

1800GAMBLER
11-02-2003, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the key about this hand, is if you're humberto, there's no way you can call or raise, you must fold.. think about it. unless you have a great read that scotty is bluffing with garbage, then you go all in

[/ QUOTE ]

linkage (http://the key about this hand, is if you're humberto, there's no way you can call or raise, you must fold.. think about it. unless you have a great read that scotty is bluffing with garbage, then you go all in )

Jon Matthews
11-03-2003, 06:13 AM
I've seen someone reraise from $100 to $400 on these tables and push all in on a lowish 2 spade flop, get called by AA and make his flush with 4s5s... just over $4k pot... nothing on the flop but a draw

The guy with AA just wrote "sick" and rebought, I get the impression it doesn't happen that often but there are some serious gambling scandinavians on there...

Jon

daryn
11-03-2003, 11:22 AM
need i cut and paste my original question, or were you going to answer it?

Al_Capone_Junior
11-03-2003, 05:32 PM
even the biggest moron in the world will usually not put that much $$ in heads up with a set. He wants the other guy out. I vote for Qx or Qxs, but who really knows as the average idiot will play nearly anything.

al

Al_Capone_Junior
11-03-2003, 05:35 PM
you could play a draw like that I suppose, but I generally don't against a pre-flop raiser. However the most likely hand to play that way in my book would be top two, a vulnerable hand that can lose easily, but one that still beats things he'd likely call with like AA or KK or AKh.

al