PDA

View Full Version : American Airlines

andyfox
10-27-2003, 03:41 PM
Here is the thinking of poster American Airlines

Are you going to say that popular media has not been getting more Afro in the recent decade?

So much so that middle class kids of other races are picking up on Ebonics and Ebonic phrases and spelling.

For example changer "-a" for "-er'? Or "B" for "are" and other short words:

Gangster -> Gangsta
Player -> Playa
Don't Hate -> Don't be Hatin'

The fact is Africanization is happening. African species of anything tend to be invasive by the biologist definition.

And since all places where Africans are the majority are pretty much a mess. This *is* a bad trend.

Those *are* the facts.

If things were going well, the african culture would be becoming more caucasian-like.

What has african culture contributed to anything at all in the way of civilization. Nothing I can think of. They're still a bunch of tribes fighting in Africa. And by extension, so too the Saudi peninsula. To close to the source I'd speculate.

This poster denies that he's a racist.

Kurn, son of Mogh
10-27-2003, 04:01 PM
This poster denies that he's a racist.

Hey. Give AA a break. Maybe he's just off his meds.

Zeno
10-27-2003, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The fact is Africanization is happening. African species of anything tend to be invasive by the biologist definition.

[/ QUOTE ]

This startling revelation must have appeared in an article in either Science or Nature as it would upset most biological, genetic, and evolutionary thinking for the last 200 years. I hope he gave a reference. It would be a most illuminating read.

[ QUOTE ]
What has african culture contributed to anything at all in the way of civilization. Nothing I can think of.

[/ QUOTE ]

Egypt is probably a good starting point. But I think I may be talking to the wind. Best to end any more analysis of his other dubious points.

-Zeno

pudley4
10-27-2003, 05:37 PM
He's a grumpy old man, who also complains about his job/career and how it's not fair that his programming skills are obsolete.

[ QUOTE ]
What has african culture contributed to anything at all in the way of civilization.

[/ QUOTE ]

African contributions to Civilization (http://www.theperspective.org/africacontribution.html)

excerpt: The Egyptians developed the concept of the right angle, which is the basis of the Pythagorean theorem. Pretty important contribution, don't ya think?

Kurn, son of Mogh
10-27-2003, 05:48 PM
On the theory that even a broken clock is right twice a day:

And since all places where Africans are the majority are pretty much a mess.

OK, the only place Africans are in the majority is /images/graemlins/shocked.gif Africa, which *is* pretty much a mess. Not 100% of that is the fault of Africans, of course, but neither is it racist to point this out.

daryn
10-27-2003, 05:59 PM
obviously some stuff he said is crazy, but some is not!

the part about middle class kids of other races becoming more "black" is totally true, and it's sad. now when i say more black, i don't mean to say that all black people are gangsters and whatnot, but i think what i mean to say is clear.

just go to any junior high school and see how bad it is.

MMMMMM
10-27-2003, 06:35 PM
It is terrible (what goes on in junior high schools), and I think a good portion of the blame lies on the gangsta rappers for promoting a violent, stupid way of thinking, speaking and living. Of course youth will follow the popular trends...

Sooga
10-27-2003, 07:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It is terrible (what goes on in junior high schools), and I think a good portion of the blame lies on the gangsta rappers for promoting a violent, stupid way of thinking, speaking and living. Of course youth will follow the popular trends...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you're a rapper trying to make it, you can either rap about ice cream and teddy bears, and make no money, or rap about killing people and being a thug, and get on MTV and make big money. I don't think there's much of a choice there.

AmericanAirlines
10-27-2003, 07:42 PM
Nah Kurns,
Don't believe in meds. SRRI's = Soma in my book.

Ok, some folks do need the help. There are clearly extreme cases, but this Prozac as candy thing is a bit much.

We need to fix the world. Not drug people into believeing it's fine as is.

Sincerely,
AA

AmericanAirlines
10-27-2003, 07:47 PM
Hi Zeno,
There's no article. I'm originating the idea that african people do what other invasive species do.

When the get into a less harse biosphere the out breed and out muscle the indigineous species.

To the American Indians that would've been Europeans. The current USA it's the africans or even potentially Hispanics.

Well, Egypt seems to be caught in an argument. Afrocentrists want to claim Egypt. The anti-afrocentrist want to say the Egyptians were not *negroid* and therefore aren't *really* africans per se.

To me Egypt is way over ballyhoo'ed. They were a bunch of snake worshipping / phalus worshipping lighter variety of africans. Plain and simple. Clearly the Egypt of today is no great marvel.

My points only seem to be dubious to those who can't look past thier politically correct programming.

Sincerely,
AA

AmericanAirlines
10-27-2003, 07:51 PM
Well Pudley,
I'm not old yet. But getting to middle age. Which means if you're young, I got some miles and some wisdom on you.

Matter of fact, recently I got Dennis Ritchie of C language fame to admit that Object Oriented programming is *in fact* procedural. Despite the dogma that says "OO isn't procedural". I *am* a veteran of IT. And OO is just the latest crap to emerge from the C/C++/Unix pardigm of retarded crap.

And as far as being pissed. You are damn right I am. I worked hard for decades with the idea that "the pot of gold would be there" only to have Wall Street crap f*ck with it.

I'm pissed and whole lot of other people will be once they get past the silly *ssed Politically Correct programming and start saying the truth rather than the BS.

I can only hope it happens to you too... then we'll be on the same page.

:-)

I unlike them, have the balls to say it.

Sincerely,
AA

AmericanAirlines
10-27-2003, 08:18 PM
And so you want to *promote* the spead of that mess?

Senseless, even for a Klingon. :-)

How about Haiti and the rest of the Carribean, and even majority african American cities like Memphis and Atlanta?

Bottom line is the facts are there to see.

They're politicaly incorrect to say, but true no less.

To be honest, I really think I'm just saying what many, many people think to themselves.

Sincerely,
AA

ACPlayer
10-27-2003, 08:28 PM
What paradigm of computer programming is not "crap"

AmericanAirlines
10-27-2003, 08:30 PM
Hi Pudley4,
Once I saw an art expo for african art. It had a big sign saying "Including Egypt" as though this was unusual.

I wrote the academic professor and asked if Egyptians were "negros". He didn't answer.

If he said "yes" and it got publicized, don't you think money for "egyptology" might dry up.

On the other hand, if he said "no" the all the negroid africans would be upset.

So seems the Egyptians are at the locus of many arguments.

Personally I think they're over rated. Big deal, they piled up some stones. Worshiped snakes and penises.

Did they have running water? How about toilets? Or were they just upscale Ethiopians? What about medicine?

People seem to want to mystify the Egyptians. Ancient Astronouts all that stuff.

Even if the *created* western civilization, they're not helping it now are they?

Right angle. So what. Chinese invented gunpowder first. Later it was re-invented. Even the Chinese don't use traditional Chinese medicine any more. So it really means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

For the most part none of this will someday.

The real problem is, "What do we do to make our lives, and our childrens lives good?"

Somehow I don't think the values that go along with the Gangsta Rap culture et. al. are that solution.

Sincerely,
AA

MMMMMM
10-27-2003, 10:19 PM
"Well, if you're a rapper trying to make it, you can either rap about ice cream and teddy bears, and make no money, or rap about killing people and being a thug, and get on MTV and make big money. I don't think there's much of a choice there."

Well then, how do non-rap musical artists still make hit songs and get rich without singing about shooting cops, beating up ho's, knifing whitey, and so on?

AmericanAirlines
10-27-2003, 10:43 PM
Yes, you have a point.

Rather like, "Take steriods and be a star, or don't and be a nobody."

Seems like there's a market for this stuff.

Again, leading to the conclusion, We need to fix something. It's pretty bad when there's a large market of people who identify with this stuff.

Sincerely,
AA

andyfox
10-28-2003, 01:52 AM
American Airlines' point is that it's a mess because the race is incapable of making it anything other than a mess.

And by "Africans," he doesn't mean people who live in Africa. He means dark-skinned people. He despairs, for example, that there are too many Africans on TV.

Sooga
10-28-2003, 02:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"Well, if you're a rapper trying to make it, you can either rap about ice cream and teddy bears, and make no money, or rap about killing people and being a thug, and get on MTV and make big money. I don't think there's much of a choice there."

Well then, how do non-rap musical artists still make hit songs and get rich without singing about shooting cops, beating up ho's, knifing whitey, and so on?

[/ QUOTE ]

Non-rap musical artists don't have to worry about having any 'street cred', which of course is achieved by proving you're involved in gangster-type activities. You wanna get into the pop music game, sing about whatever you want... but you can't be a 'nice guy' rapper.

KJS
10-28-2003, 02:57 AM
What you say is obvious--black=not something to emulate, because being/becoming black=a sad thing. Your prejudice is obvious as well.

KJS

bugstud
10-28-2003, 05:07 AM
I'm just going to create a nice little overview in the middle. AA sees moral values declining because of this African influence. Reality, the country as a whole is getting less and less moral and accepting of violence and the like (e.g. Kill Bill, but hey, I loved it). He sees blacks as the root of it. They're not the root, they're part of it but we're all part of it. Frankly, I hate the music since at least at one point it had a message, since lost.

My 3am idiotic rambling

brad
10-28-2003, 06:26 AM
factually AA is right on the money (statistically, american blacks sig. higher hiv, much higher violent crime , etc.)

add to this some cultures dont mix and hey let face it 'white flight' is voting with their feet.

the supreme court itself has said that they expect affirmaive action to be over in 20 years. but what then?

personally i think we need to write off all older people (older than me, heh) and just hope that the younger people can behave civilly and get along. but if not?

and now a word from fred on blacks/aff.action. basically he says the inner city black problem is not being solved and will eventually blow up somehow.

http://www.fredoneverything.net/Underclass.shtml

adios
10-28-2003, 08:56 AM
I've noticed now that black male role models have come up in two posts now since I posted my poll. Perhaps those that questioned my motives for posting the poll will see that it is indeed relevant who the black male role models are. My list was never meant to be inclusive but I did have at least one rapper that I can remember, perhaps two. There is no doubt in my mind anyway that certain youth are adopting rappers as role models. Notice who's sponsoring the latest Reebok commercials. I still think having it out in the open is a good thing. I've chided some rap music fans that I know and have met about the lyrics of rap music. They've pointed out to me that there is quite a bit of variety in rap music and it's not all about the "gangsta" if you will. Not even sure what percentage of rap music is about the "gansta" and not sure how much rap music I'd find highly objectionable. I don't particularly want to find out either (I am turned off by rap) but perhaps I should.

MMMMMM
10-28-2003, 10:04 AM
"Non-rap musical artists don't have to worry about having any 'street cred', which of course is achieved by proving you're involved in gangster-type activities. You wanna get into the pop music game, sing about whatever you want... but you can't be a 'nice guy' rapper."

So what you're really saying is that the rap culture is generally scum?

Moonsugar
10-28-2003, 10:12 AM
Quite scary.

MMMMMM
10-28-2003, 10:14 AM
I don't know much more about it than you do, and I am sure there are some decent rap lyrics (even if there isn't any decent rap music;-)). I don't know if the violence, degradation of women, and racism found in many rap songs are actually representative of the majority of rap lyrics. However I am pretty sure that there is still a large percentage of that crap even if it is not over 50%. Also, considering that a number of rap stars have actually been gunned down in gangland style killings, I think the gangsta influence (Crips or Bloods maybe) is strong and some ties actually exist between a number of rappers and gangland.

Sooga
10-28-2003, 10:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"Non-rap musical artists don't have to worry about having any 'street cred', which of course is achieved by proving you're involved in gangster-type activities. You wanna get into the pop music game, sing about whatever you want... but you can't be a 'nice guy' rapper."

So what you're really saying is that the rap culture is generally scum?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

ChipWrecked
10-28-2003, 02:31 PM
L.L. Cool J.
Will Smith

(just a couple of exceptions)

See Chris Rock stand up videos for more on what's wrong with American black culture....

Kurn, son of Mogh
10-28-2003, 02:44 PM
Not only that, but who says just the negative stuff reflects black culture. Who says there are no good black role models?

Colin Powell
Bill Cosby
Condoleeza Rice
J.C. Watts
Ward Connerly
James Earl Jones
Muhammed Ali

brad
10-28-2003, 02:50 PM
Colin Powell - tried to cover up my lai
Bill Cosby - womanizer
Condoleeza Rice - woman
J.C. Watts ?
Ward Connerly ?
James Earl Jones darth vader
Muhammed Ali draft dodger

Kurn, son of Mogh
10-28-2003, 02:54 PM
David Proust was Darth Vader. JEJ just did the voice.

Kurn, son of Mogh
10-28-2003, 03:20 PM
*Colin Powell - tried to cover up my lai*

I didn't know that

*Bill Cosby - womanizer*

and your point is?

*Condoleeza Rice - woman*

I like women

*J.C. Watts ?*

Former Republican Congressman and option QB from Oklahoma

*Ward Connerly ?*

libertarian radio talk show host

*Muhammed Ali draft dodger*

No problem. There shouldn't be a draft.

brad
10-28-2003, 03:29 PM
they were all facetious except my lai (powell was major i think at hq and covered up for a while until it broke out)

and i think cosby got sued by woman for soemthign but you know hes rich so of course hes gonna get sued. heh

Sooga
10-28-2003, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
L.L. Cool J.
Will Smith

(just a couple of exceptions)

See Chris Rock stand up videos for more on what's wrong with American black culture....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, LL Cool J is an exception... Will Smith, though, is not and has never been a rapper.

AmericanAirlines
10-28-2003, 07:10 PM
And what of you AndyFox... you can't be trusted to have
anything but a Politcally correct opinion... because you own
a business and are afraid to chase greenbacks away.

I have freinds with businesses in the multi-million revenue range and they all sound like you. Yet I've known them since some of them were kids and can tell it's a fake front.

Bye the way, show me a demographic that's not dark skinned with the same stats and I'll gladly want to not have them become the dominant culture as well.

Though I don't know the crime stats, we can start with Neo-Nazis and the KKK.

Wouldn't care for either sub-culture to become dominant. So "Nazification" or "Klanification" is equally unacceptable to me.

Sincerely,
AA

AmericanAirlines
10-28-2003, 07:13 PM
Hi Brad,
Thank you, finally a voice of reason.

Would be nice if we could prevent the eventual blow up in some non violent fashion though.

Perhaps we should task the Black cultural leaders with this, rather than trying to crash business deals with quotas.

Sincerely,
AA

AmericanAirlines
10-28-2003, 07:17 PM
Hi KJS,
I'm not PRE-judiced. I'm POST-judiced. Have you ever lived near an area that was majority black? Or gone black over time?

If so what did you see happen?

I lived and worked in Riviera Beach Florida, was born in Lake worth. Riviera is 70% black now, and a complete crack-town. Lake Worth is were a former classmate was shot by Daniel Brazil for being a teacher. Lake Worth is currently 30% black.

For what it's worth I still have the gifts from some of the blacks at Solitron Devices from when I left there for another job. It's not like I haven't seen what I'm talking about.

The rest of you, well, I don't know *what* you are looking at.

Sincerely,
AA

brad
10-28-2003, 07:22 PM
well one problem is that jobs are really getting scarce in US and blacks are undereducated/skilled.

one further effect of war on terrorism, said to last 100 years, may be to drain off the young frustrated men and basically send them overseas to kill and be killed.

coupled with the militariztion of the police, i really think the sociopaths in power have planned for complete control of society in the event of prolonged social unrest.

unfortunately it requires massive loss of life terrorist attacks in US to rally everyone to sacrifice their freedom for security and continuous military adventures.

brad
10-28-2003, 07:29 PM
blaaccks have theiir own culture just ask them. and they dont want to 'act white'.

what to do?

one thing, during segregation they had own culture and work ethics and didnt have the high crime, so that shows that its not impossible for blacks to be civilized. perhaps more attention should be paid to the welfare state and its effects, particularly the break up of the family and the effects of making men unnecessary in society.

AmericanAirlines
10-28-2003, 07:36 PM
Hi Tom,
But did the Rolling Stones ever go out a shoot at the Beatles?

"Street Cred" is big with the likes of Death Row records and we have seen shooting.

Taking entertainment a bit far, don't you think?

Now, Marylin Manson gets some static. But he's really just Alice Cooper version 2. It's clearly a schtik.

People need to get over the entire celebrity emulation culture and put those people back into the bracket they really are in... Entertainers... not Role Models or Leaders.

Sincerely,
AA

AmericanAirlines
10-28-2003, 07:40 PM
Hi Brad,
I wouldn't ask them to give up thier culture any more than anyone else. That is until you get to the point of hurting others as an artifact of culture.

To draw a parallel. I wouldn't tell the Satan worshippers they can't worship the dark side or whatever. But I would be willing to take up arms to stop them from sacrificing children and animals.

Make sense?

Sincerely,
AA

AmericanAirlines
10-28-2003, 07:43 PM
All good examples that Affirmative Action isn't necceary.

Many of them good examples that successful blacks eschew Ebonics.

As an aside, even Ray Charles doesn't go for rap.

Sincerely,
AA

brad
10-28-2003, 07:52 PM
no i meant if you talk to black people they will tell u they feel like they have to adopt white culture to some extent to get along in society.

then again maybe ive only known wierd blacks heh.

AmericanAirlines
10-28-2003, 08:57 PM
Well to some extent it's true. Credit where credit is due.

America is a Euro-Derivative. (And I argue it's becoming a western district of Africa, slowly but surely. The precedents are clearly the US Virgin Islands and the Carribean. In a nutshell, Europeans muscled out Amer-Indians. Stupidly brought over africans... who eventually took over. Consider also Haiti. The first african run New World country. Now also a mess... with refugees heading for Miami.)

But, I if I emmigrated to France, I'd be expected to learn French, and French table manners, etc.

So it's not like it's unusual or anything. "When in Rome" as they say.

At a purely philosophical level it may be wrong. "Why should anyone have to be something they are not?" But it is the way socialization tends to work. To not try to get along carries a consequence of outsidership. If that doesn't bother you then why care. As I get older, I find I literally do care less what others think. Hard to imagine since I was pretty individualistic when I was younger.

Funny thing is though, that I now look much more conservative and much prefer the dress styles and trappings of the rich. Whereas, when I was in my Rock and Roll phase, if my clothes weren't making a R & R kind of statement I probably wasn't wearing them!

I've come to realize that the Rock and Roll "dream" is really the dream of wanting to do exactly as you please and be rich as a result. That *wealth* and *autonomy* attained in a *no compromise* way is the real deal.

It doesn't really need to be achieved via "Celebrity". Heck if Poker or online trading would do it, that would be fine. After all, no bosses, subordinates or other trappings of "traditional" routes to success therein. Right. If one could live a six figure life without the usual crap or even a decent five figure life, what's to gripe about?

But as I've pointed out many times, "The System" is really engineered to make you be a good little worker bee.

Sincerely,
AA

ChipWrecked
10-30-2003, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yea, LL Cool J is an exception... Will Smith, though, is not and has never been a rapper.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thought about that later. More of a 'hip-hopper' maybe? Still, a good man.

Eminem has the complexion for the connection, and he's the lowest scumbag in music today.