PDA

View Full Version : What the heck is Pedro thinking???

lil'
10-11-2003, 05:48 PM
I cannot believe Pedro just threw DON ZIMMER to the ground. I am embarrassed to be a Red Sox fan right now. Pedro can be such a baby sometimes. He doesn't like the way the game is going, so he hits someone in the back.

And Zimmer isn't totally innocent, but for God's sake, step aside.

Whatever good will the Red Sox have built up this year is gone now.

Sooga
10-11-2003, 07:22 PM
While I think that throwing at Karim Garcia's head was a totally boneheaded and stupid move by Pedro, I saw nothing wrong in what he did to Don Zimmer. Zimmer exploded out of the dugout, and he was running straight towards Pedro, with his arms up, as though he was about to choke him. What would you do if you were Pedro? Pedro didn't even throw a punch, he just took hold of Zimmer's massive head and deflected him into the ground. What else was Pedro supposed to do? Just stand there?

lil'
10-11-2003, 09:55 PM
The more I think about it the more I think that Zimmer was an idiot. Throwing at Garcia was worse.

But to most people, the Zimmer thing looks worse.

HDPM
10-11-2003, 11:18 PM
I like Zimmer, but what Pedro did to him was the least of the Red Sox sins tonight. He might have tossed Zimmer a little hard looking at the replay, but Zim came at him from the side aggressively. I can't really blame Pedro for that. Pedro was a punk when he threatened to bean players after he threw at Garcia. that was awful. Throwing that high and at Garcia was bad. Sure come inside, but that was too much. The American League kind of deserves it because of the DH. Pedro is a guy who needs to look at a few inside pitches. He might not come in quite so far. Ramirez starting to charge out when Clemens threw a pitch down the middle was ridiculous. What a punk. He should have been tossed. I thought he was the one who was great friends with the Yankees? I wonder what will happen if one game gets out of hand scorewise? /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

daryn
10-12-2003, 12:30 AM
pedro basically sidestepped zimmer and the inertia of zimmer's neck fat brought him tumbling to the earth. if you watch the replay zimmer was charging pedro, looking to do some physical harm! anyone who says pedro acted irresponsibly in this situation has obviously never been accosted by a bald fat old man.

skaboomizzy
10-12-2003, 02:00 AM
I get the feeling there's a really wonderful story here you're not sharing with us.

daryn
10-12-2003, 02:12 AM
it deals with a flasher in boston common

daryn
10-12-2003, 02:15 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
Pedro was a punk when he threatened to bean players after he threw at Garcia. that was awful.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think he was threatening other players.. i think he was trying to defend his position that it was an accident by saying something to the effect of "if i wanted to hit you in the head, i would"

XlgJoe
10-12-2003, 08:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The American League kind of deserves it because of the DH.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't say there is any less of throwing at players in the NL. It would seem like it should make a difference but it doesn't.

TAFKAn
10-13-2003, 12:42 AM
Boston is the most low class organization in baseball, stocked with immature, petty players who have no idea what it means to be a professional. If Bill Romanowski played baseball he'd be in Boston. I will thoroughly enjoy watching them get embarassed by the Yankees for two more games, and I despise the Yankees. But at least they act like professionals.

I'd be ashamed to be a Redsox fan at this point and I would be furious with the organizaton if my kids were fans.

andyfox
10-13-2003, 12:48 AM
He didn't sidestep him, but he didn't really engage him either. He shouldn't have grabbed him around his head, but pushing him out of the way was the correct things to do. And I'm a Yankee fan.

Pedro couldn't hit him, and he couldn't run away from him.

The stupid thing Pedro did was to hit Garcia, aiming at his head. Pedro throws at people, and at their heads. (So does Clemens.) Look at how many people he's hit compared to his walk total. Look at how many Yankees have been hit over the last few years by Red Sox pitchers compared to Red Sox hitters plunked by Yankees pitchers. (The last numbers I saw were something like 50 to 29.)

Pedro made Ramirez scared. They showed a slo-mo stop action of Ramirez in his at bat against Roger. The first two pitches, which were nowhere near him, he was starting to bail, expecting to get retaliated against.

Manny is an idiot. So is Pedro. So is Clemens. So is Zimmer. So is Garcia. So is Nelson.

DanS
10-13-2003, 06:03 AM
I am a diehard A's and Red Sox fan. So far this postseason, live and on TV, I've seen:

1) An A's fan sucker punch a Sox fan in the back of the head at the Coliseum.
2) Derek Lowe flip the A's fans the bird.
3) A's fans chide a dazed Damian Jackson.
4) Jackson going after the A's fan with the cowboy hat.
5) Pedro threatening to bean more players.
6) Manny acting like a child at a "message" pitch that was two feet from his head; nowhere close.
7) That crap in the Yankees dugout on Saturday; I've been so busy this weekend I don't even know what the F that was about.

I'm embarassed to be a baseball fan right now. It's too damn bad it's such a great postseason and I'm compelled to watch.

Dan

P.S. Gawd I hate the f'n Yankees, but the Sox could take a lesson in class from Williams, Posada, and Pettite. Phuck, I hate saying that.

P.P.S. Andy, I thought you were a Dodger fan. Do you realize that being a Yankee-Dodger fan is, like, evil incarnate? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

andyfox
10-13-2003, 11:40 AM
I have Dodger tix, but only because A) I live in L.A.; and B) my father has been a Dodger fan since 1925. I mean, he saw Zack Wheat play for them. So we go to the games, we have a frappuccino and we leave in the 6th inning. The score is usually 1-0 anyway.

I've been a Yankee fan since 1960. I kind of agree with the Evil Empire thing, but I can't help myself.

daryn
10-13-2003, 01:18 PM
why didn't you sign this post

-a bitter oakland fan

not once in your post do you meantion the fact that pedro was attacked by a 78 year old man, what about zimmer, was he immature?

J.R.
10-13-2003, 01:40 PM
Or that regardless of how it started, Karim Garcia jumped over the bulpen wall and pounded on a Red Sox employee. Garcia did not try to separate Nelson and the Red Sox employee, but just started wailing away. Garcia's injury to his hand is perhaps what he deserves, although I think he is getting off easy.

Zimmer is an idiot and admitted he was the one who acted irresponsibly.

XlgJoe
10-13-2003, 03:20 PM
Anybody read this article on ESPN about the Yankee-Red Sox game. It's pretty funny I thought.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2003/columns/story?columnist=caple_jim&amp;id=1636859

pokerlover
10-13-2003, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
anyone who says pedro acted irresponsibly in this situation has obviously never been accosted by a bald fat old man.

[/ QUOTE ]

I resemble that remark. Well except for the old part

pokerlover
10-13-2003, 03:28 PM

CrackerZack
10-13-2003, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So we go to the games, we have a frappuccino and we leave in the 6th inning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Feeding the stereotype of west coast fans?

andyfox
10-13-2003, 04:54 PM
"Zimmer apologized for his part in the Pedro rumble, saying he was embarrassed for the Yankees, the Red Sox, the fans, the umpires and his family. He did not, however, apologize for burning out the Red Sox lineup and blowing a 12-game lead as Boston's manager in 1978."

Ouch. /images/graemlins/smile.gif