PDA

View Full Version : dump it on river?

rootsmusic
10-11-2003, 03:50 PM
Game: Paradise NL .25/.50 $50 buy-in, mixed table with some good players, some weaker.

Preflop: UTG (good player with $64) limps, I (with $60) raise to $2 with A /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif, folded around to SB (looser passive player with $18) who calls, UTG folds.

Flop (pot is ~$4): A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB checks, I bet $6.50, SB calls. I put him on flush draw.

Turn (pot is ~$17): J /images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB checks to me. I feel there is a good chance that I am now beat, but can't be sure, given that I believe this guy may be loose enough to call my flop bet with a worse hand than me. I decide to check with the intention of putting him all in on river (he has about $9 left), and save myself from being checkraised here with the opportunity to see the river for free. Would you bet and fold to checkraise here, or feel obligated to call anyway? I thought I might call anyway so I check.

River (pot is ~$17): 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif. SB bets all-in ($9.50), I call. Who calls and who folds here?

thanks