PDA

View Full Version : AJo, What To Do

JoeU
09-03-2003, 05:09 PM
Fairly passive 3-6 at the now extinct Mohegan Sun. I believe what table image I have is that of a solid player. One player even commented that when I'm in a hand, I usually have a big hand.

I'm in MP with A /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif

2 callers to me, I raise, couple more callers, and original limpers call, including the BB.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB bets, all fold to me, I raise, one caller (very loose/passive player), and the BB calls.

Turn: 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif(A /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif)

Again BB bets, I raise, LP player folds, and BB calls.

River 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif(A /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif)

BB bets.

What did/do I do now?

I'll post the results later tonight.

Joe

Tosh
09-03-2003, 05:37 PM
Raise.

Edit: Sorry didn't see the comments at the beginning. In this case I'd possibly call if he's expecting you to have a big hand but still bets into you. I still like raising though.

Joe Tall
09-03-2003, 05:43 PM
If you think he might have a set, call, I feel he does, and I'd call. He knows who you are at the table, yet has not fear of betting into you, hopefully he is playing a hand like A9 stupidly.

Nice session BTW, looks like baby got new shoes!

CrackerZack
09-03-2003, 05:49 PM
I'd raise again. You weren't 3-bet so I can't believe you're up against a set. I'm guessing he's gonna turn over A9 with one or two diamonds. Maybe Ad4d also, but I think A9 is much more likely.

devinthedude
09-03-2003, 05:52 PM
ummmmmm raise

id guess J9 or A9, I don't see how he could possibly have a set here as someone else suggested, unless this player doesn't know what the term "reraise" means.

Although the bet on the end does seem awfully strange to me after you raised him twice in a row. The only thing I can think is that the guy is an idiot. With you raising twice in a row, if he has a set he has to be thinking check raise on the river, knowing you definitely will bet.

I am anxious to see the results, this guy betting on the end is really bothering me

CrackerZack
09-03-2003, 05:52 PM
I can't see them not 3-betting a set. I realize these players are loose/semi-passive, but if he has a set, he hit it on the flop which only leaves deuces. As I think more, this is definitely possible, but I'm gonna raise him anyway as if he didn't 3-bet yet, I doubt he will again and I think the chances he has 2 pair or 2 diamonds with the Ad is more likely.

JTG51
09-03-2003, 06:01 PM
Already knowing your river decision, I think you played every street perfectly. I won't say why since I don't want to spoil the results.

Joe Tall
09-03-2003, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't see them not 3-betting a set. I realize these players are loose/semi-passive, but if he has a set, he hit it on the flop which only leaves deuces. As I think more, this is definitely possible, but I'm gonna raise him anyway as if he didn't 3-bet yet, I doubt he will again and I think the chances he has 2 pair or 2 diamonds with the Ad is more likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I was playing online I'd raise 100% here.

However, I'm seeing Joe U at the table, the comments abound but hold nothing to the stack size in front of him as this old man tighty is betting into the pre-flop raiser on every street. I know he was wearing a Syracuse jersey, but that calls for a 3-bet, not a 3x bet-into. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

JTG51
09-03-2003, 06:09 PM
...as this old man tighty is betting into the pre-flop raiser on every street.

Joe's opponent in this hand wasn't old, wasn't a man, and wasn't tight.

Does that change your opinion at all?

Joe Tall
09-03-2003, 06:15 PM
Nope. The 'cuse jersey deserves a 3-bet. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Joe Tall
09-03-2003, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Joe's opponent in this hand wasn't old, wasn't a man, and wasn't tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was she cute?

King_J
09-03-2003, 06:19 PM
I would rather make it 8 bets than just calling the river. R A I S E!

AJo Go All In
09-03-2003, 07:05 PM
since you're posting obviously you just called and she showed something ridiculous like a set of deuces or a rivered straight or something. nevertheless, barring the BB showing you her winning hand, you have to raise.

Joe Tall
09-03-2003, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Small stakes!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope this has nothing to do with your decision.

slavic
09-03-2003, 07:25 PM
3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

And I like her play

kiddo
09-03-2003, 07:27 PM
I think there are a certain type of player that almost never 3-bet. Not because they dont think they have the best hand right now, but becuase they are afraid that someone will catch that miracle card and they dont want to invest a lot if that happens.

But when that miracle card doesn't come (in this case, not a flush- or straightcard) then they bet out again, charging you for drawing another card.

Could this be one of those, with a flopped small set?

JTG51
09-03-2003, 07:48 PM
Was she cute?

Ha, no she wasn't that either.

icepoker
09-03-2003, 07:56 PM
A possible hand but if you like it you must
like to play -EV poker.

GuyOnTilt
09-03-2003, 08:05 PM
I was hoping you were going to advise him to go all in. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

slavic
09-03-2003, 08:05 PM
getting around 12 to 1 on the preflop call I think it's an easy complete from the BB.

JoeU
09-03-2003, 08:27 PM
Thanks for all the responses everyone.

I left out the fact that it was a woman because I didn't want to skew any opinions. However, as JTG hinted to, she was not very bright. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I did raise the river. As I raised, she said "what could you possibly have" which got me thinking set. But as BigLick said, she never 3 bet this hand. I also don't think she 3-bet any hands that night. In fact, she repeatedly bet/raised the flop, bet/raised the turn, and open folded on the river.

She called and turned over A /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

I thought it was odd that she made the comment about how I played, watched me raise every street (which was alot of fun /images/graemlins/grin.gif) and still thought she was ahead!

My big concerns in this hand were that I was over-aggressive preflop and on the river.

Thanks again for the comments.

Joe

slavic
09-03-2003, 08:29 PM
You never mentioned she was brain dead.

JTG51
09-03-2003, 08:51 PM
I think icepoker meant this is a pretty crappy way to play 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif post flop, which I agree with.

Losing all
09-03-2003, 09:15 PM
She should've 3bet the river with that powerhouse.

slavic
09-03-2003, 10:11 PM
With 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif you have a gutshot and a flush draw and a player trapped in between. Why not bet out on the turn again? Let the trapped player pay two more, if he's willing.

The river should be a check raise though.

JTG51
09-03-2003, 10:32 PM
The third player wasn't trapped between the BB and Joe, she was behind Joe. If BB wants to trap that player for multiple bets on the turn she'd have to check raise not bet out. Betting out is likely going to face the third player with 2 cold, which BB wouldn't want to do if she had 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

slavic
09-03-2003, 11:21 PM
good point I missread the action looking for reason in the play.