PDA

View Full Version : party 2/4 JJ

bugstud
08-30-2003, 02:22 PM
playing a rather loose party 2/4 game. I get dealt J /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif in MP. 2 calls and 2 folds in front of me, I raise. Everyone including the blinds calls. 7 to the flop for 2 sb's.

Flop: J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Well, this'll get me action. Checked to me, I bet, ALL CALL. 10.5 BB's in the pot.

Turn: Flop: J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

A nice blank. Checked to me again, I bet and 5 callers. Someone folded, wow. 16.5 BB pot.

River: Flop: J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

KQ gets there, ugh. So, 3 checks to me, 2 left to act. Is this a valuebet or not? I bet, and 2 call.

Results to follow soon.

rkiray
08-30-2003, 02:31 PM
I'd bet it. You can't be worried about just one card combination beating you. This is especially true if your opponents play aggresive with big draws.

Homer
08-30-2003, 02:33 PM
It's an easy value bet. You can't check behind on the river with top set just because there is one hand that beats you.

-- Homer

tj00
08-30-2003, 03:13 PM
I would bet here, what is the expression oh 100% of the time.

Jeffage
08-30-2003, 03:58 PM
Extremely easy bet.

Jeff

bugstud
08-30-2003, 05:41 PM
Given that 2 called, it should be clear that I won. AdTd and QsJs were the 2 callers. However, what happens when I'm raised or checkraised on this river?

Thanks all for the "Bet, you shmuck" responses. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I pretty much bet without thinking at the table then wondered afterwards about those types of things.