PDA

View Full Version : Curtain's HH files- Central repository for all of us to view?

AA suited
12-28-2005, 01:21 AM
Is it possible have the HH in a central location so all of us can view it? or will it clutter up the forum with everyone and their mother making a post about something THEY find interesting in those HH?

The Yugoslavian
12-28-2005, 01:23 AM
That's not the point. Plus, then there would be even more posts on the forum.

Are you actually serious for this as some sort of alternative?!?

Yugoslav

SuitedSixes
12-28-2005, 01:28 AM
It is possible to host his HHs and make them available via FTP. I know of one player who has done this with his PT database.

pergesu
12-28-2005, 01:30 AM
One of curtains' (imo very reasonable) terms is that you not share the HHs with anyone else. So no, you can't just have a central repository of HHs.

If you wanted to create a thread with links to all the threads based on this project, I bet that'd be cool.

Snarf
12-28-2005, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you wanted to create a thread with links to all the threads based on this project, I bet that'd be cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like that idea....but wouldn't a search for subject w/ "Curtains" do the same thing?

Are we really that lazy?

pergesu
12-28-2005, 01:35 AM
One day the search won't work (in about four months), so it'd be nice to have a convenient one stop shop location for all the curtains info we have.

Yes I know you can specify the date range when you search. Yes, I really AM that lazy.

Snarf
12-28-2005, 01:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
One day the search won't work (in about four months), so it'd be nice to have a convenient one stop shop location for all the curtains info we have.

Yes I know you can specify the date range when you search. Yes, I really AM that lazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty lazy too...

They're cutting the out the search?

pergesu
12-28-2005, 01:44 AM
No, it's just that the search only works in 4 month intervals. So if you search today and are looking for something from a year ago, you'll have to specify the date range.

12-28-2005, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty lazy too...

They're cutting the out the search?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I think he just meant that in a few months, you'll actually have to expend the energy necessary to change the date range of your search to get these posts, since it will have fallen past the default range.

Snarf
12-28-2005, 01:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No, it's just that the search only works in 4 month intervals. So if you search today and are looking for something from a year ago, you'll have to specify the date range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aahhh.. I'm pretty new didn't know...

So...new thread w/curtains links. I like it.

Maybe Durron could post its never-changing location at the top? or is would that get to Curtains head?

pergesu
12-28-2005, 01:55 AM
Kinda like Shadow's post I think, no reason for it to be at top. It's not a forum thing, it's a curtains thing. The stickied stuff, imo, should only be things that important to read, in the sense that you f up the forum if you don't know the content, not in the sense it's important to read if you want to get good. That and forum events like the weekly trout games.

45suited
12-28-2005, 02:09 AM
As Pergesu said, one of the very reasonable conditions under which Curtains shares his HHs is that they not be given to anyone else. So a central repository idea is out.

As to the other part, are we really dummying ourselves down to the point where nobody can do anything on their own?

As I'm sure many other players do, I keep records of my games, statistics, noteworthy hands, and I also keep a binder with important charts and posts that I have printed up. Does everything have to be spoonfed? If the Curtains hands are of interest to you, print them up, save them to your hard drive, whatever. We're all reasonably intelligent, I'm sure that we can figure something out on our own.

Also, IMO, the Curtains posts should not even be stickied UNLESS he gives the okay. IMO again, he is providing an invaluable service to all of us and we should respect whatever his wishes are on this subject.

curtains
12-28-2005, 02:25 AM
to the OP, absolutely not. The HHs I send are only for the person I send it to. If I find that people are sharing the entire HH's I will stop the project all together.