PDA

View Full Version : 2-7 TD Should I have broken this?

epi316
12-11-2005, 03:21 AM
I'm pretty much a n00b at this game so all advice is very much appreciated. Especially, would you even play this hand to begin with? Also would the decision to break or stand pat be different if you weren't so shortstacked like I was?

Euri10's TD converter (http://membres.lycos.fr/euri10/td%20converter.html)

Hand number: null
Level: $4/$8
Players:
Button($482) seat 0
SB($385) seat 1
Hero($42) seat 2
UTG($183) seat 3

Button at seat 0

SB posts. Hero posts.

Hand: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ/images/graemlins/spade.gif2/images/graemlins/heart.gifK/images/graemlins/spade.gif8/images/graemlins/club.gif

Round 1(0.75BB)

UTG raises. Button folds. SB folds. Hero calls. Hero takes 2. UTG takes 2.

Hand: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif2/images/graemlins/heart.gif8/images/graemlins/club.gif3/images/graemlins/club.gif4/images/graemlins/club.gif

Round 2(2.25BB)

Hero checks. UTG bets. Hero
raises. UTG re-raises. Hero
re-raises. UTG calls. Hero stands pat. UTG stands pat.

Hand: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif2/images/graemlins/heart.gif8/images/graemlins/club.gif3/images/graemlins/club.gif4/images/graemlins/club.gif

Round 3(6.25BB)

Hero bets. UTG raises. Hero raises All In. UTG calls. Hero stands pat. UTG stands pat.

Round 4(10.25BB)

DeathDonkey
12-11-2005, 08:58 AM
Don't play shortstacked! That's what the fish do. Never get all in. I would have drawn 3 initially but after that I think you must stand pat here with the nut 87.

-DeathDonkey

epi316
12-11-2005, 03:59 PM
lol, yea but i'm a fish tho so i'm allowed to play like one. thanks for the response, i nearly drew 3 but for some reason decided not to. I very nearly broke on the last draw but decided that i shouldnt and he showed down an 87632. I just wasn't sure whether or not it was the right decision.

timprov
12-11-2005, 04:04 PM
Once you get past 2/4, the game pretty much operates on a "nobody every believes you have anything, everybody wants to make you break" rule. People get a lot more aggressive with bad hands, which means you can't go breaking mediocre hands like 87432 whenever someone throws bets at you.