PDA

View Full Version : Big Names that have gone bust

MikeSmith
11-24-2005, 12:24 AM
Going off diablos popular post, I was curious as to why the big players in the game have gone bust. id love to hear discussion on this because most people on this site are aspiring to improve and it would be good to watch out for future leaks if we ever get a big bankroll.

Michael Davis
11-24-2005, 12:27 AM
Big players go bust because they play competition that is too good.

Big players go bust because they are underbankrolled for the game they are playing. They either ignore required bankroll or standards or fail to adjust for how swingy a game loaded with aggressive expert to ultraexpert players, as well as generally overaggro fish can be.

There isn't any special reason why big players go broke that doesn't already apply to the everyday player. It just happens on a grander scale. Unless you don't think everyday players have problems with drugs and hookers.

-Michael

Josh W
11-24-2005, 12:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Unless you don't think everyday players have problems with drugs and hookers.

[/ QUOTE ]

...and other craps.

mike l.
11-24-2005, 01:14 AM
"ultraexpert"

be serious

actually i think i may be a royal hold em expert

henrikrh
11-24-2005, 12:44 PM
Doyle Brunson went bust first time he went to vegas. But Doyle's not a very big name, only five letters.

Burno
11-24-2005, 01:21 PM
I've heard that Stu Ungar went bust several times in his career, and even had to be backed at one point.

bones
11-24-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've heard that Stu Ungar went bust several times in his career, and even had to be backed at every point

[/ QUOTE ]

Sponger15SB
11-24-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
actually i think JustinA may be a royal hold em expert, he taught me everything I know

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

krimson
11-24-2005, 06:22 PM
I think it's fairly common for the pro's who play live to have gone bust. There is way more incentive to take shots at bigger games underbankrolled then there is for online players. They had to work their way to the 30/60 games just to equal what a 3/6 multi-tabler can make per hour.

mike l.
11-24-2005, 07:02 PM
"actually i think JustinA may be a royal hold em expert, he taught me everything I know"

no i definitely dont think that. he told me about the game but i devised (with reassurance from gabe) the highly complex game crushing strategy i use.

justin, for instance, told me that he thinks AJ is an okay hand to defend your bb with...

Gabe
11-27-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"actually i think JustinA may be a royal hold em expert, he taught me everything I know"

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy's an idiot.

Justin A
11-27-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy's an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but I play royal hold'em at an expert level.

Josh W
11-27-2005, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy's an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That means he can play a few more hands.

Sooga
11-27-2005, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy's an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What about 2nd best royal hold'em?

Justin A
11-28-2005, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy's an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What about 2nd best royal hold'em?

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant! We have to play this game next time. I'm already devising an expert strategy.