PDA

View Full Version : (Alleged) Global Warming sucks my nuts (not allegedly)

J.A.Sucker
11-22-2005, 07:30 PM
Here's an email I got from Heavenly today about skiing:

Hello Sucker,

Due to challenging weather conditions, Heavenly has been forced to delay its opening, which was originally scheduled for Wednesday, November 23. However, the Heavenly Gondola will be operating for sightseeing on Thursday, November 24 through Sunday, November 27, from 10am - 4pm.

We understand many of you are anxious to get out on the mountain. We share your enthusiasm and are employing the West Coast's largest snowmaking system to meet your expectations as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, unusually strong temperature inversions (which cause warmer temperatures at higher elevations) have made our snowmaking efforts a challenge this year.

We're making snow whenever possible, but are still 24 hours of good snowmaking away from being able to provide the quality experience Heavenly is known for. All we need now are sub-freezing temperatures above 7,000 feet. Forecasts look positive. Rest assured, with our superior snowmaking capabilities, you'll be skiing first - and on the best conditions in Tahoe - at Heavenly.

Thank you for your patience. Keep your eye on the weather and we'll see you on the mountain soon! Please visit
http://www.skiheavenly.com for up to the minute information.
--------------------------------------------------

No snow in the Sierras at all, and here comes December. Things always turn around in a jiffy, but it's still kind of irritating. Maybe I'll go up to Montana for a golf vacation next week!

swede123
11-22-2005, 07:32 PM
Move to Colorado during the winter months.

Swede

Patrick del Poker Grande
11-22-2005, 07:32 PM
I believe there is snow in the Colorado mountains. Hold on, let me check.

Yep.

J.A.Sucker
11-22-2005, 07:37 PM
I'm actually doing this, too. I've got 2 season passes this year for just this reason. I'll be at Breck on Thursday... thank god. Hopefully The Basin will still be rockin' at Memorial Day this year. Nothing better than Pali, frisbee, a keg of Fat Tire, and a habachi. Good days...

Patrick del Poker Grande
11-22-2005, 07:39 PM
4 feet of the real thing fell last week.