PDA

View Full Version : Two Plus Two mentioned in All In Magazine

BoogerFace
11-22-2005, 10:11 AM
Oddly enough under the favorite pro blogs section, this post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=3238268&page=) by DS gets quoted.

It's good that there's no such thing as bad press. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

TomHimself
11-22-2005, 03:39 PM
lol, thats very funny

tek
11-22-2005, 06:21 PM
Except just as poker is getting mainstream attention and a better image, THAT post of DS's cannot help... /images/graemlins/blush.gif

lighterjobs
11-22-2005, 07:10 PM
is this in the actual magazine or on a website?

11-22-2005, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Except just as poker is getting mainstream attention and a better image, THAT post of DS's cannot help... /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
The problem I see is that a lot of DS's non-poker posts have more depth and thought than a casual reader picks up on.

I'm not a philosopher or great mind. I don't claim to understand DS's thinking processes. But, after a few reads, I frequently see what he's doing. He's done his analysis of a subject and thrown it out for consideration.

I've imagined him sitting somewhere (a lofty perch?) watching the reactions to whatever he's posted. I think he gets a kick out of the replies.

I've noticed he frequently tosses "meat to the animals" and goes off, never to post in that thread again. Or maybe I just missed his reply.

OK, I just realized I'm beginning to sound like a DS suck-up. WRONG! Don't really care about his opinion of me. Back to your post...

It just might be a negative. But not toward poker or gamblers in general. It'll sure get a lot of folks wondering about him, though!

tek
11-23-2005, 01:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
is this in the actual magazine or on a website?

[/ QUOTE ]

The actual magazine. Page 21.

PairTheBoard
11-23-2005, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Oddly enough under the favorite pro blogs section, this post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=3238268&page=) by DS gets quoted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did they quote the whole post? I see David gives me a mention in it. "There's the reason they give and then there's the real reason".

PairTheBoard

11-23-2005, 02:15 AM
My dad sent me a cut out article (from SI?) about online poker. Of course, he doesn;t like me playing, so he sent it to make me feel bad. It mentioned 2+2 in there too, as well as an interview with some kid 4 tabling the 5-10 tables at party

Edit: since the kid read 2+2 (at least the article said so) I'm wondering if he is here now? anyone get interviewed for a magazine?

MCS
11-23-2005, 03:09 AM
Yes, he was a well-known and respected poster before the article came out.

11-23-2005, 03:44 AM
I'm gonna ask the obvious....who?

istewart
11-23-2005, 04:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It says in the article /images/graemlins/wink.gif

11-23-2005, 04:56 AM
interesting...

BoogerFace
11-23-2005, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did they quote the whole post? I see David gives me a mention in it. "There's the reason they give and then there's the real reason".

PairTheBoard

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, no mention of you. They quoted David's 2nd paragraph.

"Assuming it is not illegal...."

PairTheBoard
11-23-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PairTheBoard

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, no mention of you. They quoted David's 2nd paragraph.

[/ QUOTE ]

damn. I was hoping to get a movie deal out of it.

PairTheBoard

11-23-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It says in the article /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Why the hell did I throw that thing away......damn