PDA

View Full Version : 60 minutes effect = free money

rockrock
11-18-2005, 11:59 PM
When 60 minutes profiles internet gambling this Sunday, the 20 million people that watch the show will drive the price of Crypto higher (because its the biggest and easiest to buy from a discount brokerage) and probably the follwing as well:

PYGMF.PK
SPBTF.PK
EONLF.PK
NTLRF.PK
BSPTF.PK
WGMGY.PK
AGCI.OB
MDSE.PK
PGGG.PK

I'm sure I missed a few but look for the big names to pop 3-10%.

Hope everyone got some of this free money.

11-19-2005, 12:57 AM
cyos
ezto

Brian R
11-19-2005, 03:04 AM
Here is my 2 cents....20 million people see the show, figure at best 5% buy the stock based on the show. What is the average dollar invested for the 1 million "new" investors? $1000? Thats 100 Million over several stocks...I recal party's market share to be about 2.2 Billion. Say party poker gets 80 million thats only about a 3% increase in market share. The fact that this will be a gradual effect to sell the new shares means outside market effects can move the price as well. This lowers your expectd yeild for the times when maret conditions hurt the stock. Also there is a good chance that 60 min will knock the stocks and negativly effect the stocks. Any large company holding many shares is more likly to dump on bad news that the avearge joe will buy on good news. IMHO, I don't see the stock price moving up till after Feb.

rockrock
11-19-2005, 03:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Here is my 2 cents....20 million people see the show, figure at best 5% buy the stock based on the show. What is the average dollar invested for the 1 million "new" investors? $1000? Thats 100 Million over several stocks...I recal party's market share to be about 2.2 Billion. Say party poker gets 80 million thats only about a 3% increase in market share. The fact that this will be a gradual effect to sell the new shares means outside market effects can move the price as well. This lowers your expectd yeild for the times when maret conditions hurt the stock. Also there is a good chance that 60 min will knock the stocks and negativly effect the stocks. Any large company holding many shares is more likly to dump on bad news that the avearge joe will buy on good news. IMHO, I don't see the stock price moving up till after Feb.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not speculating here.

This will happen, without doubt - even if 60 minutes brings in every FBI agent in the country and tells us its illegal. As soon as they start throwing those billion dollar figures around, its over.

Only some sort of tragedy over the weekend that would cause a huge market crash on Monday can stop this. The 3-10% gain is inevitable.

60 minutes will deliver on Monday's open.

Incidentally, the only 2 people to ever be profiled on 60 minutes for offshore gambling were arrested. One was arrested after he appeared and the other before.

It will be interesting to see if this show nudges any enforcement into action. I'm sure the Party founders (at least the American ones) can't be extremely thrilled about this.

They've made their billions. Sure they will get some signups out of it but my guess is they wish everyone would leave them alone and forget who they are.

Brian R
11-19-2005, 01:50 PM
Please comment on my post. I just don't see the stocks going up that much by monday. I tried to explain my logic, does it make sense?

mcb
11-19-2005, 03:08 PM
so you're not speculating here, eh?

rockrock
11-20-2005, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Please comment on my post. I just don't see the stocks going up that much by monday. I tried to explain my logic, does it make sense?

[/ QUOTE ]

They aren't going up that much by monday - they will be up on monday.

I know Sportingbet is going to be profiled not sure who else. I would say SPBTF.PK and any other company named will see a pop. Crypto is the easiest high profile, internet related gaming stock to buy via a regular brokerage account.

I think the whole sector (if you can call it that) will see the gains I mentioned because 60 minutes is the most powerful show on TV and I've seen it before in other stocks. Google comes to mind and there are others.

I think GOOG was up 5% or so the day after they were profiled but I don't remember for sure.

This will happen and I'll be back on Monday with the charts and stuff to make sure everyone hears I told you so at least twice.

Sniper
11-20-2005, 07:41 PM
If there is going to be an impact, you will not be able to use the Pink Sheet stocks to take advantage of it, as the stocks will be trading in london, long before the US markets open.

11-20-2005, 09:09 PM
After watching the "program," I question it having any effect.

rockrock
11-21-2005, 01:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If there is going to be an impact, you will not be able to use the Pink Sheet stocks to take advantage of it, as the stocks will be trading in london, long before the US markets open.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone buying on Monday is about 3 days late to the party.

rockrock
11-21-2005, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically, Leslie Stahl lied about 4 times (I stopped counting) but it shouldn't matter. They mentioned the stock market enough. Too bad Neteller wasn't mentioned.

I guess Senator Kyle told 60 mins that internet gambling was illegal and they believed it. Why would anyone believe anything a politician says? Egbert Roscoe Murrow turning over in his grave, me thinks.

If Nigel Payne doesn't get arrested he will be the first...

rockrock
11-21-2005, 01:53 PM
QED (http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?t=1d&s=SBT.L&l=on&z=m&q=l&c=prty.l%2Ceol.l%2Cnl r.l%2Ccryp)

11-21-2005, 02:15 PM
nh.

Sniper
11-21-2005, 02:27 PM
What was the combined total volume on these Pink Sheet stocks today???

sportstrader
11-21-2005, 08:29 PM
omg ...Neteller is down 98% today

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=NLR.L&d=t

because of 60 minutes?

rockrock
11-21-2005, 11:16 PM
The neteller quote is a mistake. It is up over 3% since the 60 minute story was aired.

Note pink sheet Sportingbet up 10% and Party poker up 6%

sporting bet pink sheet (http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=SPBTF.PK)

party pink sheet (http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=PYGMF.PK)

Easy money.

eastbay
11-22-2005, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The neteller quote is a mistake. It is up over 3% since the 60 minute story was aired.

Note pink sheet Sportingbet up 10% and Party poker up 6%

sporting bet pink sheet (http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=SPBTF.PK)

party pink sheet (http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=PYGMF.PK)

Easy money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bravo. Now for the big question: Did you get out at close or are you still in?

eastbay

rockrock
11-22-2005, 06:58 PM
Looks like I was of on my estimates by at least 5% as the pink sheets continue to rock.

rockrock
11-22-2005, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

60 minutes' "reporting" is tainted with logical fallacy, they lie to their viewers and they are not objective.

They never fail to deliver on this, week after week. You can't set your watch to it because of the NFL, but you can be sure that on Sunday night, sooner or later they are going to butcher the truth and lie to the viewer.

They are the most respected and highest watched show in this country. This will probably never change.

Therefore, the people who watch this show and believe what they see are not the best and the brightest. They are not critical thinkers and are easily influenced.

Idiots are dangerous but they are also exploitable.

You will never go broke underestimating how stupid and predictable people are, especially us Americans.

This was an exploitable slam dunk because a lot of stupid and predictable people like to get lied to every Sunday night.

I have no idea if Sportingbet, Party and Neteller are worthy long term investments for the individual, but there was never a doubt that 60 Minutes would drive these stocks through the roof. We could see +20% before its all said and done.