PDA

View Full Version : Q2s in the big ole blind

ErrantNight
11-16-2005, 11:49 AM
3/6 6 max

As the title implies... I'm dealt Q2 crub in the biggie.

Button open limps. Which is as much of a read as I had/you need. Small blind calls. He is loose and terrible. He seemed passive but I didn't have many hands on him. Definitely goes too far, definitely calls down too much.

EDITED TO ADD: like calls down with busted draws with as little as Q high

The flop read: 2spade 6spade 3crub
villain bet, I raised, button folded

The turn brought an 8heart.
Check, bet, call.

At the river: 10heart
Donk.

I... ?

toss
11-16-2005, 11:54 AM
I just muck here expecting him to have a higher pair a lot.

Buckmulligan
11-16-2005, 12:02 PM
I think I muck on the flop in this small pot. The bet seems useless unless we know that SB is aggressive enough to commonly bet a draw or overs here. The fact that he is a donk actually puts you in worse shape, as this [censored] board is more likely to have caught him.

ErrantNight
11-16-2005, 12:04 PM
with the bd flush draw and pair with overcard i'm not folding the flop and calling is wrong.

thejameser
11-16-2005, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
with the bd flush draw and pair with overcard i'm not folding the flop and calling is wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

didn't you raise to get a free card? take it. you have already said he is calling you down whether he is on a draw or has a made hand, so there is no such thing as fold equity on the turn against this guy. pot is small. turn did nothing to improve you. a pair of deuces is only a bluff-picker-offer, induce a bluff.

ErrantNight
11-16-2005, 12:24 PM
i raised to buy myself outs and fold equity.
w/o a frush draw i'm donking the turn to try to fold villain U/I, (folding a hand with outs against me)

i also bet the turn intending to take a free showdown U/I

i'm really wondering if there's any value in bluff raising here.

flopmonster
11-16-2005, 12:52 PM
The way you played it I definitely muck the river. I think you really have to consider checking the turn and then picking off a bluff on the river. I think giving a free card is not so dangerous on the turn because it is unsure whether you are ahead or not.

silkyslim
11-16-2005, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

didn't you raise to get a free card? take it. you have already said he is calling you down whether he is on a draw or has a made hand, so there is no such thing as fold equity on the turn against this guy. pot is small. turn did nothing to improve you. a pair of deuces is only a bluff-picker-offer, induce a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]
i like this. how do you have fold equity given your read?