PDA

View Full Version : Aces up and a high-only river raise (8/b)

11-14-2005, 09:12 PM
I felt very comfortable in this hand - including the river raise. Sixes and aces were dead, amongst a ton of low cards, so I felt that the raise on the river to extract more value from Seat 1 would be best. I just didn't think that Seat 5 would reraise my check-raise on the end.

What are your thoughts?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (converter (http://j.1asphost.com/greenage))

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif___brings-in___calls
Seat 2: xx xx K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Hero: A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___completes
Seat 5: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls

4th Street - (5.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls

5th Street - (4.90 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets
Seat 8: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls

6th Street - (8.90 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets
Seat 8: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls

River - (12.90 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___calls___folds
Hero: A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___raises___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___bets___raises
Seat 8: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif xx___folds

Total pot: (19.90 BB)

djr
11-14-2005, 09:40 PM
I'd consider folding 5th, villian likely has a low and very well may have a straight draw.

Since you made it to sixth, I say call. You could also bet out and let villian raise, likely knocking the other two guys out of the pot and getting it heads up.

River: Call, don't raise. Villian is likely to 3 bet no matter what (he knows he's got half the pot locked) and that will likely knock out seat 1. That leaves you with two pair and hoping villian doesn't have one of the two remaining sixes.

I hope you took half this pot...

11-14-2005, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd consider folding 5th, villian likely has a low and very well may have a straight draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two sixes and two aces are dead, and Villain is very, very bad. I can't give him credit for that in such a huge pot.

[ QUOTE ]
River: Call, don't raise. Villian is likely to 3 bet no matter what (he knows he's got half the pot locked) and that will likely knock out seat 1. That leaves you with two pair and hoping villian doesn't have one of the two remaining sixes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people in this game freeze up when check-raised, and usually just call, hoping to get half with their ragged razz hand. I was about 95% sure that villain does not have a straight, and when he re-raised, I knew it was idiotic play by him. If he just calls, Seat 1 calls and he makes an extra half-bet.

[ QUOTE ]
I hope you took half this pot...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.

benwood
11-15-2005, 01:13 AM
You apparently had a good read on seat 5. Good job. I would have folded 5th & only called the river myself.

mscags
11-15-2005, 01:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You apparently had a good read on seat 5. Good job. I would have folded 5th & only called the river myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the river raise only if you have a great read on the villian.