PDA

View Full Version : Are Mason and Sklansky really friends?

MikeR
11-12-2005, 02:36 PM
Or are they just business partners? Do they drink together, and go to movies and pick up girls with each other like normal buddies? I ask because in an older post the poster asked if Mason would publish a "How to Pick Up Chicks" type book if Sklansky wrote one, and Mason said that he wouldn't because it had nothing to do with gaming. I thought this made sense from a business viewpoint, but if my buddy wrote it, I would definetely publish it because we were friends. Does anyone know?

Photoc
11-12-2005, 02:58 PM
Thoughts? Yes, this has to be the most useless post I've seen in a long time.

This belongs in OOT, not televised poker.

11-12-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Or are they just business partners? Do they drink together, and go to movies and pick up girls with each other like normal buddies? I ask because in an older post the poster asked if Mason would publish a "How to Pick Up Chicks" type book if Sklansky wrote one, and Mason said that he wouldn't because it had nothing to do with gaming. I thought this made sense from a business viewpoint, but if my buddy wrote it, I would definetely publish it because we were friends. Does anyone know?

[/ QUOTE ]

They are actually the same person. You have never seen them together, have you? Mason uses the "Sklansky" persona to pick up chicks.

MikeR
11-12-2005, 03:09 PM
You're just jealous because they would never let you hang out with them if they are indeed buddies (which we've yet to confirm).

KSOT
11-12-2005, 04:03 PM
Do they enter the main event every year?

11-12-2005, 05:08 PM
I saw them playing together in the park the other day.

11-12-2005, 05:18 PM
go.away

tek
11-12-2005, 05:30 PM
I would like to know which one is more like Oscar and which one is more like Felix /images/graemlins/grin.gif

(I'm actually serious about this...)

MicroBob
11-12-2005, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do they ... pick up girls with each other like normal buddies?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would pay a significant sum to see the masters ar work.

TruePoker CEO
11-12-2005, 11:23 PM
I have seen them together. They certainly appear to be friends and did not start any food fights at their table.

I have never seen either of them pick up chicks, but the existance of Mat Sklansky seems to confirm the phenomenon has taken place.

Truepoker CEO

IgorSmiles
11-12-2005, 11:57 PM
Sklansky wouldnt write a book on picking up chicks because he knows he's drawing dead in that department...

Kidding dynasty...

Jorge10
11-13-2005, 12:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I saw them playing together in the park the other day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too, Manson was pushing Sklansky on the swings.

checkmate36
11-13-2005, 12:51 AM
which one is derb?

Dynasty
11-13-2005, 01:24 AM
They are friends. But, if you get Mason alone, he'll tell some crazy stories about David.

11-13-2005, 01:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
which one is derb?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think DERB is a person.

MelK
11-13-2005, 04:59 AM
The rumor is that they can't stay in the same room with each other. They flipped a coin to see which would attend Ed Miller's wedding reception. David won and went to the Bellagio instead.

Jeffage
11-13-2005, 05:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny typo.

Yeti
11-13-2005, 08:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The rumor is that they can't stay in the same room with each other. They flipped a coin to see which would attend Ed Miller's wedding reception. David won and went to the Bellagio instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wonderful.

11-13-2005, 11:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny typo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Manson was doin' time in Calif.

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

11-13-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I thought Manson was doin' time in Calif.

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They let him out for a week-end to go to Ed's wedding.

tek
11-13-2005, 11:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sklansky wouldnt write a book on picking up chicks because he knows he's drawing dead in that department...

[/ QUOTE ]

Mason is the wing man /images/graemlins/cool.gif

TheWorstPlayer
11-14-2005, 02:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mason is the wing man /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I can just see it now:"Mason, you can be my wing man any time." "No, David, you can be mine."

11-14-2005, 02:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They are friends. But, if you get Mason alone...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's when I stopped reading.

Disturbing.Mental.Image.

PJS
11-14-2005, 11:51 AM
I can't beleive I just took the time to read every post in this topic! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

CCass
11-15-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have seen them together. They certainly appear to be friends and did not start any food fights at their table.

I have never seen either of them pick up chicks, but the existance of Mat Sklansky seems to confirm the phenomenon has taken place.

Truepoker CEO

[/ QUOTE ]

You should check out the pics of Mrs. Malmuth in OOT (Ed Miller wedding reception thread). Mason clearly knows something about picking up hot chicks.