PDA

View Full Version : couple of hands from tonight

11-04-2005, 02:32 AM
-30BB session tonight.. looking at PT I rarely got any decent hands, so I guess that's just life, but the times I did it seemed like I couldn't get much of a break. Bad play or bad luck?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

(Looks like she has the 6, good time to fold?)

River: (4.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Hero calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (8.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (7 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8 BB

milesdyson
11-04-2005, 02:35 AM
1. try to keep it to one hand per post
2. get reads
3. these tables look like they suck. so many preflop folds for a .50/1 table

hand 1:
fold preflop, raise flop, bet turn, bet river.
if you had a read that he liked to bluff, i like your line.

hand 2:
bet turn, bet river

hand 3:
looks fine

Doc7
11-04-2005, 02:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

(Looks like she has the 6, good time to fold?)
Looks like she has the 6? This seems to me like you're either being results-oriented or just making an overly narrow assumption on a broad range of hands. JQ-JK are just as likely as a 6 I think, though we need reads to see if they would have raised BB with these hands. Yes I think it's a good chance you're beat, but "looks like she has the 6" isn't the reason I would use.

J. Stew
11-04-2005, 02:37 AM
1. Raise the flop
2. Bet the turn, bet/call the river
3. Good

11-04-2005, 02:39 AM
At the time I didn't have much in terms of reads since I had just started.

What should I look at to judge a table, Average Pot?

11-04-2005, 02:40 AM
How would you respond to a turn/river raise on hand 2 if I lead?

milesdyson
11-04-2005, 02:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How would you respond to a turn/river raise on hand 2 if I lead?

[/ QUOTE ]
a better question to ask yourself is why you thought it would be correct to check call the turn, but then lead the river when you hit trips. there really aren't many hands that you beat now that you didn't beat on the turn (meaning you should have bet).

as far as what i do if raised on the turn - i think that's pretty easy. you call with a million outs, and you check fold the river if you miss them.

and as far as table selection goes (in my opinion), sit to the left of really bad loose passive players and to the right of really bad tight passive players. if you can't get one like that, go by table VPIP. if you won't feel comfortable in an aggressive game, try to play a passive one. basically you want bad players to see flops with you (and i'm just pointing out that these tables don't look very good - but [censored] i only have three hands to go by).

11-04-2005, 02:46 AM
Yeah I should have bet the turn... I guess this guy must have been pretty passive, because he did make his hand on the turn, but never raised PF. So I didn't think he had what he did (JJ).

edit: The average VPIP went between 5.50-8 I'd say iirc.

MrWookie47
11-04-2005, 02:52 AM
Please, one hand per post. Us lazey drunksa don't have the attention span.

Hand 1. Fold preflopa unless you raise. Raieze the flop. Raise the turn, call the river.

2: bet the turn. Bet the river.

Any more? Yes. Hand 3. Eh, you could almost call that turn getting 8:1 drawing to 6 ish outs. That's somewhat generous, though. I gues the fold is reaonsable.

Goodnews
11-04-2005, 02:52 AM
Hand #1

Raise the flop. You can't assume it is a WA/WB situation already.

How did you determine she has trips? I diagnose a case of MUBS here.

Lesson learned: Raise the flop to gather info on where you are in the hand. Also fold JTo in MP3.

Hand #2

Whats wrong with leading the turn? You still have top pair. Granted, MP3 will probably raise you but at least you know you are behind a bigger ace and can fold without hitting your flush. In fact, even if you called down after a turn raise you still pay the same amount. on this hand.

I think you chopped the pot here unless MP3 hit his straight.

Lesson learned: Bet strong hands, yes, top pair weak kicker with the nut flush draw is enough to bet the turn again.

Hand #3

I have no problem with this hand. In fact, this is probably the best play of the three.

Lesson learned: play more like hand #3

milesdyson
11-04-2005, 02:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
play more like hand #3

[/ QUOTE ]
fyp

honestly it would have been 10x better if this was your entire response.

11-04-2005, 02:56 AM
edit: whoops

Playing JTo seems borderline I'll admit. I'm not sure how good this hand is behind that many folds. I guess a raggedy two pair seems reasonable if my raise is called.

Thanks for the comments.

Goodnews
11-04-2005, 03:00 AM
Vague replies help noone.

Augster
11-04-2005, 03:01 AM
Maybe I'm getting too tight.

Hand 1: fold preflop. Even the good old chart only says to play JTos from CO or button. For a tight game at least. And if only a limper and the blinds are seeing a flop, that's a tight game.

Hand 2. Fold preflop. Maybe I've gotten jaded, but I just can't limp open anymore. When I'd limp A2s-A9s from UTG, I'd almost always get an ISO raise from another UTG or an MP, and all of a sudden I hate my hand, and my position knowing I'm almost positively outkicked, or drawing to 3 outs and the flush draw.

From MP and LP with limpers ahead, definitely, but from UTG, I fold it.

Hand 3. Good.

Saved you 7 big bets over 3 hands. That's 231BB/100! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

milesdyson
11-04-2005, 03:03 AM
at a ten handed game, open limping utg should definitely be something you do. if it were truly unprofitable to limp A6s utg there, then you'd be sitting at the wrong table in the first place.

11-04-2005, 03:03 AM
with A6s even if I'm raised, as long as there are several other limpers (who will call again anyway since they already put in one bet) I think my odds are right to call the raise myself.

jakbse
11-04-2005, 03:38 AM
Hand 1, preflop is a fold/raise situation. Limping with this hand can't be right. I would fold. As played you have to raise the flop. If BB 3-bets you fold the turn if bet into, if he just calls your raise you pop the turn.
Hand 2, I'd fold preflop if the table isn't something like 35/2, really loose and passive. Then you can count on a couple of callers and a low risk to have to pay two bets to see the flop. Then you have to bet the turn here, the main reson is to protect your A outs. You have a pot equity slightly above 25%, so the bet is also ok from a value point of view.
Hand 3, I think you played fine, if you fold the turn or not is very read dependent, but you are probably behind with five tainted outs.