PDA

View Full Version : PokerShare and North American Players

11-01-2005, 10:55 PM
This event has taken us by surprise and emails were sent from Excapsa Software and Game Theory Limited without our prior approval. This is a very serious matter and one which we are taking further with Excapsa Software and Game Theory Limited.

I would like to apologize for the manner in which this event has occurred once again and I would like to stress that it was beyond our control. We consider our players and affiliates our number one priority and we would like to assure you that we are doing everything in our power to remedy this action.

A full statement will be available shortly which I hope goes some way to explain the circumstances.

Kind regards

Max Wright

Poker Room Manager for PokerShare.com

jthegreat
11-01-2005, 11:09 PM
Hey great business plan. Is Pokershare just some guy in a basement somewhere or what?

jthegreat
11-01-2005, 11:10 PM
BTW, "Max Wright"? Are you kidding me? I could make up a better name than that and I'm not even halfway drunk.

Sniper
11-01-2005, 11:36 PM
Hi Max,

Please let us know if there is anything that WE can do to help you out!

rusty JEDI
11-01-2005, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BTW, "Max Wright"? Are you kidding me? I could make up a better name than that and I'm not even halfway drunk.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a serious situation so how about we keep the idiocy out of things. You bring absolutely nothing to this thread and you should stay out until you can.

I can confirm that Max Wright is behind pokershare, as I was in contact with him through email recently.

pokerrookie
11-01-2005, 11:47 PM
Glad to see you posting on this Max. Your pitch to 2+2 really sold me (and others here) on the concept of PokerShare. I had planned on doing the majority of my play there until at least the end of the quarter (to see what the profit sharing brought). I hope that you can get things worked out. Would you mind at least pulling some strings to get our moneys transferred back to neteller. With the majority of my piddling bankroll in there, I may have to sit out of poker for a few days. I am already starting to shake. Anyway, I look forward to seeing where this thing goes.

[ QUOTE ]
This event has taken us by surprise and emails were sent from Excapsa Software and Game Theory Limited without our prior approval. This is a very serious matter and one which we are taking further with Excapsa Software and Game Theory Limited.

I would like to apologize for the manner in which this event has occurred once again and I would like to stress that it was beyond our control. We consider our players and affiliates our number one priority and we would like to assure you that we are doing everything in our power to remedy this action.

A full statement will be available shortly which I hope goes some way to explain the circumstances.

Kind regards

Max Wright

Poker Room Manager for PokerShare.com

[/ QUOTE ]

SharkBait
11-01-2005, 11:49 PM
Max-

The email I received indicated that my account balance will be refunded to me through the mail. Are they serious? Most of my roll is currently tied up in PokerShare and I would strongly prefer that my money be returned through Neteller for a number of reasons. Not sure if there is anything you can do about this but I'm sure others feel the same. I emailed support.

11-01-2005, 11:55 PM
Max, thanks for posting on here, as I was getting worried that the emails were fraudulent. If PokerShare is truly cutting off NA players, will be at least be paid our dividend we earned by playing this quarter? Also, I echo the snetiment about paying out balances through Neteller, as administration would be much simpler from our side of things. Lastly, and this may seem like pure greed, but it is more out of frustration, but will the cutoff players be paid their outstanding bonus dollars in real dollars? After all, we are no unable to reap the benefits of our deposit bonuses through no fault of our own. Thanks for popping up so quickly.

Ryan

scrapperdog
11-01-2005, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but will the cutoff players be paid their outstanding bonus dollars in real dollars? After all, we are no unable to reap the benefits of our deposit bonuses through no fault of our own.

Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

I can answer this one ... no.

11-02-2005, 12:04 AM
Thanks, but I prefer to hear it from Max lol.

R

2+2 wannabe
11-02-2005, 12:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but will the cutoff players be paid their outstanding bonus dollars in real dollars? After all, we are no unable to reap the benefits of our deposit bonuses through no fault of our own.

Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a joke, right?

scrapperdog
11-02-2005, 12:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, but I prefer to hear it from Max lol.

R

[/ QUOTE ]

How about we might be lucky to get our real money back... thanks.

11-02-2005, 12:15 AM
Sheesh SCrapper, you are really in the arguing mood tonight. I'm confident that we will get our real money back, as someone posted in the other thread that they already received their Neteller deposit. Granted, they claimed to have a 30K balance....so not everyone would get Neteller treatment I assume.

R

scrapperdog
11-02-2005, 12:24 AM
I am confident we will get our money back as well but I am even more confident we will not get more than what we are owed back. Max thanks for letting us know what is going on, I might be a little testy having my account closed today so I will stop posting now.

IndianaSlim
11-02-2005, 12:25 AM
apparently only players with big balances are being allowed to get their money sent to their neteller. I complained to UB and pokershares about an hour after they sent the email and UB responded fairly quickly saying the check was already sent. that seems kinda fishy

Sintax
11-02-2005, 12:56 AM
There were two books I was going to spend them on. It is highly unfair to just take those away and not make good on them.

11-02-2005, 01:02 AM
This is ridiculous! Is UB affiliated with Pokershare, I assume they are. I say UB offer us our bonus money there if they are. I had a whopping $60 of my $250 cleared. Only reason I signed up there. UB better give us something or I'm done there. Fing ridiculous. Can't trust anybody anymore, better at least get my money back. I hope everybody boycotts UB.

11-02-2005, 01:39 AM
If this move was made by Ultimate Bet to protect their player base then it was a smart business move but to be sure they should have thought about this before they allowed Pokershare to become a member of their network. Bad PR for Ultimate and bad in general for Pokershare and players. You don't hear much about Ultimate's other skin but wonder how long it will be before they no longer accept US players if they start offering lucrative incentives that lure away players from Ultimate?

J_V
11-02-2005, 02:15 AM
I would just like to say that my favorite 300-600 banana prowling around tonight and I was unable to go incognito thanks to this sharade and I'm out 10-20k in EV.

StellarWind
11-02-2005, 03:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If PokerShare is truly cutting off NA players, will be at least be paid our dividend we earned by playing this quarter?

[/ QUOTE ]
Been paying attention? I'm thinking there might not be any profits to distribute /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

I wish PokerShare the very best, but it spent a lot of money acquiring its player base and will never see any return on that investment. It can't market to the U.S. and Canada anymore which are the primary markets for online poker in general and PS's "ownership" niche in particular. It probably also can't market to existing UB account holders or advertise rakeback.

Meanwhile they are completely dependent on a network operator that obviously intends to drive them out of business.

I only wish that Max and his partners can escape without suffering major losses.

Good luck to you. Thanks for trying to do something truly original for us /images/graemlins/cool.gif.

daveymck
11-02-2005, 05:59 AM
THere has been heavy advertising in the European poker press as well, not a s lucrative as including the North American customer base but can build a skin off it (Ladbrokes as an example). THey may not be totally screwed yet.

AAAA
11-02-2005, 07:45 AM
Will we be able to download UB if we can't get logged on to PokerShare?

Will We get our Points, for merchandise at the store?

Will there be a share of the profits when you are profitable?

Will affiliate payments for October be made?

If it is just the profit sharing, can't North Americans just opt out of the profit sharing part?

Will you be looking for another network? or is this a problem with any site for players in North America?

What is your expected time frame for some kind of resolution?

Mike Haven
11-02-2005, 08:12 AM
Aide memoire:

Quick link to original posts. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=inet&Number=3164302&Searc hpage=2&Main=3163891&Words=PokerShare&topic=&Searc h=true#Post3164302)