PDA

View Full Version : Video Card question

danzasmack
10-27-2005, 05:11 PM
So i bought a new desktop. In the back, I dont see a video card in the slots, I just see a network card. There is an XGA connection for me to put in 1 monitor, but no second spot.

Can I just put a second video card in one of the open slots and have that be the video card I use?

I have a 17" 1280x1024 monitor and bought a 24" widescreen 1920x1200. Which video card would you rec. to support both these monitors at max resolution?

Thanks.

10-28-2005, 12:33 AM
Well do you have a PCI-E slot? or just AGP?....got a price range? The SAPPHIRE Radeon X800GTO 100131 Video Card - OEM which is an awesome AGP card is currently running for 194.00 with 3.50 shipping at newegg....check out http://www.newegg.com/ProductSort/SubCategory.asp?SubCategory=48

tons of very nice video cards depending on which slot you have and newegg is the best...

dougan

Yeknom58
10-28-2005, 12:02 PM
Yes. Currently you have "on Board" video. As long as you have an open AGP or PCI slot you can add additional video hardware.

Razorbet
10-28-2005, 02:27 PM
I have a question that kind of relates to this:

So can he, or I install a second video card and use both of them to run two monitors?

I dont have a video card w/ 2 slots but I do have and extra card and an extra monitor that I would like to set up withouth having to buy a new video card.
Thanks. Sorry for the semi-hijack.

J-Lo
10-28-2005, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have a question that kind of relates to this:

So can he, or I install a second video card and use both of them to run two monitors?

I dont have a video card w/ 2 slots but I do have and extra card and an extra monitor that I would like to set up withouth having to buy a new video card.
Thanks. Sorry for the semi-hijack.

[/ QUOTE ]

bump... i have similair question... i have a matrox millenium 650 w/ dual DVI, and onboard... Is there any way to "activate" the onboard video? Should i just try pluggin in a monitor to that empty D-sub out?