PDA

View Full Version : 2 video cards/2 hard drives with a Dell 9100

kenberman
10-23-2005, 09:11 PM
about 7 months ago, I built a PC. I just bought a Dell 9100 to replace it.

question is, should I re-use my old components in my new PC?

RAM is a no brainer - I'll be installing that.

I had a 160GB hard drive in my custom build, which I think I would like to install as a 2nd hard drive in the 9100. but, I'm not really sure how to do this - any guides out there on how I should set up 2 hard drives?

what about my old video card? it's an ok card, 128MB Nvidia 5500 I think. I'm not a gamer, and I'm pretty sure I don't come close to using all of the video card that came with the 9100. is there any reason to install a 2nd card? I guess it would give me another DVI slot, and the ability to run quad monitors, but these are both things I don't need right now.

tyia.

kenberman
10-24-2005, 04:21 PM
bump?

is there a 'best practice'/easy guide for setting up a 2ndary IDE drive on a Dim 9100? is this even possible?

MyMindIsGoing
10-24-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bump?

is there a 'best practice'/easy guide for setting up a 2ndary IDE drive on a Dim 9100? is this even possible?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it realy IDE and not SATA? According to pages I read it is possible to put another drive in yes.

kenberman
10-24-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bump?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it realy IDE and not SATA? According to pages I read it is possible to put another drive in yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, the Dell I just bought has SATA, but I believe my drive is IDE (I honestly forget, and need to check)